Flakes on scalp

Hi,

Each time I wash my hair I find white flakes around the front-part of my head, temples and the sometimes at the crown. These are areas where I have lost most hair too. There is no itching. Each Time I try to clear the flakes by rubbing my hand on the affected areas more hair falls out.

I have had this issue for over 10 years and tried just about everything from oils to shampoos with no success.

I am thinking of having a hair transplant but even if I do I doubt this problem will disppear.

Is anybody else having this same problem? Any help or ideas would be welcome. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

This sounds more like a dermatological condition than dandruff. Try using a really, really mild shampoo as the detergents in normal shampoo could be making it worse. One trick is to wash your hair in conditioner and don't use shampoo. If using a really mild shampoo doesn't make a difference then you should see your doc to make sure it isn't psoriasis or eczema.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jon Jones,

I also expreience flakey skin on my scalp. I use Nizoral Shampoo 2% to combat this. It works a little I guess.

What concerns me is when I scratch my scalp I usually find small bits of oil - the kind your often find clogging up your paws on your facial skin. Sometimes they will scratch off with the root of the hair follicle still attached.

Does anyone else experience this?

I couldn't help but think it may have had something to do with my hair loss...

Thanks

hi jon jones, I think you are facing scalp psoriasis or sebarrhoic dermatis.It looks similar to my story.I suffered this same problem for about 13 long years.Initially i thought that this could be a dandruff problem and someone told me to rub lime on the scalp which actually cures dandruff but that was of no use, I used all kind of oils, herbal rememdies but everthing went invain. Then i applied anti dandruff shampoos for 10 years but still the problem persisted.Then i consulted one good dermatologist, he told me that it is scalp psoriasis and this can only be cured if we keep our head clean and tidy, there can be no.of reasons for this problem but the solution would be wash your hair daily with antibacterial soap and any good coaltar shampoo.

UFUT - 2491 Grafts at Dr. Madhu

Mx-5 (Topical Minoxidil 5%)

Finpecia (Generic finasteride)

See My Hair Loss Website.

hi jon jones,

Im from india, Here doctor has prescribed Candid Tv shampoo manufactured by Glenmark pharmaceuticals ltd and antibacterial lifebuoy soap.Im not sure whether these product are available in your country.But i can tell you the compositions of the shampoo.

Candid Tv shampoo : Clotrimazole IP 1% w/v , Selenium Sulfide USP 2.5% W/v.

I think shampoos having compositions of these chemicals might help.

I would suggest you hold back for HT surgery for while till this flakes problem is solved because this condition may some times makes the situation worse after HT.Because HT itself brings up lot of other itching effects and scabs.

Consult your HT doctor and ask if they could able to perform successfully with this existing problem.

Also better consult some good dermatologist and discuss your problem with doctor.

All the best :-)

UFUT - 2491 Grafts at Dr. Madhu

Mx-5 (Topical Minoxidil 5%)

Finpecia (Generic finasteride)

See My Hair Loss Website.