New HT fallout

altair

Altair,

I think it differs for everyone. All of mine fell out very quickly. I may have around 10% left, but that is pushing it. Some of the ones that never fell out are definitely growing though, and rather fast. Other than the grafts remaining in place, how is the healing?

-Robert

As forum moderator and a Patient Advocate for the Coalition I'm available to answer any questions.

To view animations and videos and learn about leading hair restoration physicians visit http://www.regrowhair.com/our_physicians.asp

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Everything seems to be going well. I still have some large scabs where Dr. Charles removed some of the large old plugs behind the hair line. These were so large he had to cauterize the area after the plug was removed. I can't wait for the next procedure. I wish I could go back to Dr.Charles next week!

"I wish I could go back to Dr.Charles next week!"

I can definitely relate to that remark! I have found that the waiting is truly the hardest part.

-Robert

As forum moderator and a Patient Advocate for the Coalition I'm available to answer any questions.

To view animations and videos and learn about leading hair restoration physicians visit http://www.regrowhair.com/our_physicians.asp

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Most of mine started to fall at the end of the 3rd week, & by the 6th week I would say 95% were gone. A few of them on the hairline never fell & started growing immediately! Luck I suppose.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

JC, he is refering to the original hairs falling out. Hairs that shed within a few weeks after surgery, grow back. Usually you can see them start around three months. This all depends on your healing ability. Diet plays a factor also.

There is no real percentage you can lay claim to expect after surgery. Everyone is different.

JC, he is refering to the original hairs falling out. Hairs that shed within a few weeks after surgery, grow back. Usually you can see them start around three months. This all depends on your healing ability. Diet plays a factor also.

There is no real percentage you can lay claim to expect after surgery. Everyone is different.

JC, just to build off of what HBT is saying, after the grafts have been placed in your scalp, the hairs within the graft will fall out, and then be replaced with the permanent hair that will reside within the follicle. The original hair within the graft will grow a little once its been placed, but will soon fall out. Once they all fall out, thats when you can start getting excited because the nextphase, which occurs from 1-2 months after that is the growth of your new hair

hope that makes sense

Cas

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

In my case, three months on from surgery, I seem to have had little shedding (maybe 30%), and the transplanted hairs are starting to grow. I'm told this is unusal, and , according to Rugger, I'm a privileged "genetic mutant". Sounds like there's no definite rule.