How many grafts to restore hairline?

Thanks so much gillenator, you've been very helpful. I've booked an appointment with Dr. Dorin for next week and I'm looking forward to meeting with him. I researched some of his results on this site and they all look great.

Just to answer your questions... I'm 31 years old, and no, nobody in my family who went bald has taken finasteride. I'm the first. And thanks for explaining more about finasteride, it makes a lot of sense to me.

I'll keep you updated!

You are welcome Justin, and glad to see you are doing your research.

Say hi to everyone at True & Dorin for me and wish you the best...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 years later...

Just bumping this thread to say that after 3 years, I've finally booked a hair transplant appointment with Dr. Konior for May 2018 (there is a one year waiting list). Dr. Konior looked at my most recent pics, including better pictures of my donor area, and thinks that I will need approximately 1000-1500 grafts to restore the hairline and density in the front. He also said he thinks my donor area looks quite good. I believe the thinness factor in the photos was due to harsh lighting and scalp contrast after having it buzzed down to a 1.

I also want to note that I saw Dr. Dorin in person (who was excellent) and he looked at my donor area and said that he suspects I have a lifetime supply of 5500-6000 for FUE. Dr. Dorin only suggested 500 grafts to fill in the sparse area with a potential followup procedure. The only reason I didn't go with Dr. Dorin is because I've been a big fan of Dr. Konior's work for years and he was my #1 choice.

The good news is that my hair loss hasn't seemed to progress at all since posting here, so I'm hoping the 1mg of finasteride per day continues to work well for me in the long-term. I've been on fin for approximately 10 years now.

Congrats on your upcoming procedure. Looking back at the photos, your donor does look thin, but if your doctor has seen better photos then that counts for more. 1500 grafts should achieve a good result, although if more are possible you could benefit from a higher number. 500 definitely wouldn't be enough.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com