So I finally went to see a HT doctor the other day

I came to him to see if I was losing my hair, i'm 19 and have a high hairline naturally. Theres pics on this forum somewhere if interested.

He checked my hair with a 10x scope or something and assessed the thinning. He said I definitely have MPB, but it's in very early stages, and there very minor thinning, he said after looking at some photos of the men in my family (only my dads bald) that I clearly didnt inherit my dads super bald super early gene. He said i'm going to lose my hair very very slowly. He said I would probably end up nw3-4 vertex by the time im 60 or around then. Which pretty much mirrors my maternal grandfathers hair. This is obviously very good news to me, the promise of good hair throughout my 20s and 30s seemed a lost cause.

My question is how much can I be sure that this guy is accurate, and that my hair will follow his predictions, is it even possible to somewhat accurately predict this?

Basically i'm looking for a little but of extra closure to close the book on this.

Well, at 19, I would not take anything for granted and I would consider fin, your 30s come much faster that you would expect.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Well, at 19, I would not take anything for granted and I would consider fin, your 30s come much faster that you would expect.

To be honest, i'm part of the crowd that's against procepia, I just don't trust anything that messes with my hormones. I would like to prolong taking it for as long as possible, and if i can make it past 30 with a NW2, never take it at all.

Good luck on that. I don't blame anyone for not taking fin, but if you are showing signs at 19, chances aren't great that you will make it to 30 as a nw2, and even then, when you're 30, you'll have a different outlook on balding at 30, I believe. I do wish you luck though.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Good luck on that. I don't blame anyone for not taking fin, but if you are showing signs at 19, chances aren't great that you will make it to 30 as a nw2, and even then, when you're 30, you'll have a different outlook on balding at 30, I believe. I do wish you luck though.

Well I mean do you think the HT doctor was just wrong, or lying or what. I can see any real motive to lie to me, telling me my hair is gonna last longer, unless its some elaborate scheme to get me to get a hair transplant.

I also doubt he's wrong. I mean the man looked through a microscope, he has seen hundreds of balding heads, its what he does for a job, and his assessment for me was that I'll probably never need a transplant, but I should take procepia if I want a full head of hair in my 40s 50s and so forth. In which i'm indifferent.

I don't think he would lie On purpose, but the fact is that at 19, no doctor can tell you for certain that you will have a full head of hair through your 30s. There is just no SURE way to do that. I'm sure that he have you his best professional opinion though, which very may well be accurate. But he can't make any promises.

View Spanker's Website

• 2 weeks later...