Deciding between Dr.Rose & Dr.Epstein

cool7

Hello,

I'm trying to decide between Dr.Rose & Dr. Epstein for my transplant.

Both of them cost almost the same. If any of you have any bad experiences about the doctors, please let me know. I've seen several good things said about both of them. I have a concern with the scar on the back. I might go with the one that could create the smallest scar, I guess. Any info is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello,

I'm trying to decide between Dr.Rose & Dr. Epstein for my transplant.

Both of them cost almost the same. If any of you have any bad experiences about the doctors, please let me know. I've seen several good things said about both of them. I have a concern with the scar on the back. I might go with the one that could create the smallest scar, I guess. Any info is highly appreciated. Thanks!

If I had to decide between Dr. Rose and Dr. Epstein, I would chose Rahal, Hasson or Shapiro ;-) Hahaha...

By the way: Noone will give you a guarantee for a small scar. How small your scar will be first of all depends on your own physiology.

No one can guarantee the scar result. However, the tricho thing can help as well as lots of scalp exercise, which will help to reduce the tension and thus the risk of scar stretching. Also after HT, try not to bend your head too much by touching your chin to your neck.

I believe your want to chose between dr. Rose and dr. Epstein due to the location. Many members would tell you not to use it as a criteria. However, both are part of the Coalition, so you really can't go wrong with any of them.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

yeah im one of em... dont make your decision based on travel.. its to important.. yoy want to give yourself the BEST chance at a result you can be happy with?? then keep MANY options open... go by proven consistant results ONLY. just my opinion, however im correcticon_wink.gif

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

cool7,

Coalition members Dr. Rose and Dr. Epstein both have a number of examples of their work presented on this forum, in particular, in the "Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics forum.

In my opinion, look through their results and then also use the "find" feature to see what their patients have been saying.

Consult with each doctor you are considering and discuss your options.

Our members are correct that minimal scars are not guaranteed. There are a number of variables to consider - but both doctors use state of the art donor closure techniques in order to increase the chances of a minimal and undetectable scar.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm talking to both the doctors now. Location is not a concern to me. I also did some research and found both of them to be very good, so I guess I have two good options. I'd want a doctor who can spend the time to work on me rather than delegate most of the work to his assistants...any info on that? Thanks again!

I had an appointment with Dr Rose in Tampa and with Dr Charles in Boca Raton. I chose Dr. Charles and I don't regret my choice. Dr. Charles was there with me in the day of the surgery all the time. Dr. Rose's assistant (Laura) is really nice and personable.

I had a procedure with Jeffrey S. Epstein and after 5 months after the surgery, have not growth at all.

I paid 20% when deciding the day and had to pay the remaining 80% on the day of the surgery even before the surgery. My experience hasnt been very pleasant, people working there talks veryloudly in Spanish during the surgery and its very disturbing. Getting a reply to the email after surgery takes a lot of time, and sometimes you had to shoot more than one email for a reply.

I am not sure if no results mean loosing all the money, I paid 10K with no results at all after 5months.

You shouldn't expect any "results" after 5months.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

sr,

Many hair transplant patients only just start to experience new signs of growth between 3 and 5 months.

Can you at least feel any signs of growth with your fingertips even if you can't see them?

Feel free to start a new thread to share your experience, before, surgical, and 5 month photos, and then monthly progress photos after that so we can chart your progress.

Give your hair transplant time to grow in. 5 months is still very early.

All the Best,

Bill