My experience as a young transplantee

I just wanted to share my experience of hair transplant which, really, has changed my life.

I started to lose my hair at the age of 17 which I found absolutely devastating. I became so self-conscious that I wouldn't let anyone see me with my hair wet (which means avoiding swimming pools etc). Between the ages of 17-9 I started to try different herbal remedies without any success. Finally, at age 19 I found Propecia and have never looked back since. My hair loss stopped completely and I saw some thickening in the crown.

Unfortunately, two years of hair loss left me with about 1.5inches of recession bilaterally on an already high hairline so I started to look into HT. I contacted Dr Feller, discussed with him my concerns and he agreed to do a transplant for me. I had turned 20 only one month previous when I flew over to New York to have the procedure.

In the end I had approx 1800 grafts transplanted into my temples and the results have been beyond my wildest dreams. I'm now 27 and continue to see huge benefit from Propecia. The hairline that Dr Feller constructed is amazing and my hairdressers are always shocked to hear that my hair is transplanted. You can see my hairline very clearly in my profile photo.

People always have the opinion that hair transplants should only be done on people of at least 25-30 but my case proves that this is not always the case. I had replaced the hair that I had lost and 8 years later my hair is thicker than ever.

Sga,

Thank you for sharing! Congratulations on the procedure is well. Dr. Feller is truly excellent, and I'm glad he was able to help you out!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

sgallimore,

Welcome and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm very happy to hear that you've had a positive hair transplant experience. Dr. Feller's work is outstanding.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website