Proteins on hair

a2559329

About 90% of your hair is made up of protien. If your lacking protien in your system then it would help if not I do not think it will make a difference. If you carry a genetic predisposition to lose your it will not matter if you are not lacking protien. If that is the case the 2 most effective treatments would be Propecia(finastride) or Rogaine (minoxidil).

I am employed as the patient coordinator and office manager for Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dr. Panine is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be interperted as medical advice

About 90% of your hair is made up of protien. If your lacking protien in your system then it would help if not I do not think it will make a difference. If you carry a genetic predisposition to lose your it will not matter if you are not lacking protien. If that is the case the 2 most effective treatments would be Propecia(finastride) or Rogaine (minoxidil).

Ok I understand, also can you please tell me which of those 2 would be better to use?

• 2 weeks later...
Ok I understand, also can you please tell me which of those 2 would be better to use?

Avodart is another option to Propecia (Finasteride is the same thing as Propecia but in cheaper generic form) you may consider, but it depends on your situation. Your doctor should be able to tell you which would be best. I am using Avodart. This is what I have been told:

"The difference between Propecia (finasteride) and Avodart (dutasteride)… We all have three 5alpha reductase enzymes which recognize testosterone, bind to it and convert it to DHT. DHT is the hormone that causes baldness. Propecia blocks number 2 5alpha reductase at about 68%. Avodart blocks numbers 1 and 2 at about 93%. The controversy is the ? life of Avodart is weeks vs ? life of Propecia is hours… We don’t usually encourage young guys who plan to have kids to take the Avodart. There is a small study that it might decrease sperm mobility.

Patients that have been on Propecia for years usually do well switching over to Avodart. After 5 years Propecia or finasteride is known to reach its peak effect.

The dosing usually depends on the patient. Because of the half life, you may take the Avodart 2 times a week. That will be 8 pills a month, so one Rx would last you 3 and a half months."

Hope this helps.

Edited by KD2020

3840 FUT grafts + Acell/PRP with Dr. Jerry Cooley April 17, 2014

And, I'll admit it - I'm trying the Help Hair Shake in my smoothies

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174893-3-000-fut-my-visit-thursday-april-17-dr-cooley.html

Hello, I heard a lot of good words about whey proteins on hair, is it trues? Does whey proteins help you with hair?

That's one of primary ingredients in the Help Hair shake. While you may not need extra protein normally, it could be helpful to consider whey protein after having a hair transplant. I'm not a doctor and I don't represent Help Hair (you can google it), I'm just a patient who just had mine a month ago and have been investigating these things to try to maximize the chance of success my HT will have. So yes, I have been adding Help Hair to my morning smoothies every day since I had mine last month.

Good luck -

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174893-3-000-fut-my-visit-thursday-april-17-dr-cooley.html

Ok, I have been looking a little bit at the Propecia and Avodart, and looks very interesting.

Now I am not really sure what I should start taking, the main 2 things I really want to achive are thicker hair on my whole head, and lower the hairline in the front (towards my eyebrows). Can you recommend me the best option?

Unfortunately, everyone's needs can be different, and I am not a doctor. The recommended option I could offer would be for you to research the doctors on this forum and find the one that you best relate with, and follow their advice. Some may even give you a prescription for one or the other at your initial visit.

Good luck!

Unfortunately, everyone's needs can be different, and I am not a doctor. The recommended option I could offer would be for you to research the doctors on this forum and find the one that you best relate with, and follow their advice. Some may even give you a prescription for one or the other at your initial visit.

Good luck!

Ok thanks, also I forgot to mention that I am from EU, and I cant seem to be able to find any of the items you said.

• 2 weeks later...