Please help :)

hello :)

I am simon and I am 25 ,

I lost hair in the front of my head and I've been told by a doctor in London that i need 300-500 hair grafts and I've been asked to pay ?5000 for that . (FUE)

I've been told that is cheaper in places like Belgium but i dunno how cheap and if so how good are the doctors . i am looking for the best that i can get for a cheap price as i am still a student :S

Please don't get all critical and tell me to take this seriously and this is for life as i already know that , its just that i cant take another year of looking like this at uni and i really cant pay more than ?2000-?2500 !

so please if you know of any doctor who could help, let me know :)

Sounds like the Dr is trying to impose a 5k minimum price on procedures...so in your case is way overcharging.

I am having a HT done by the best (in my opinion) UK FUE surgeon in London. Price is 6 pounds a graft. On average a little over 2 hairs are found per graft. So will a conservative estimate of you needing 500 grafts and only getting 1 hair in each of them, that is still only 3K. Most likely it would be under 2k.

What is the doctors name, and is he/she recommended on this site?

I didn't speak to the doctor , it was at one of Consultation Rooms for the harley street clinic and apparently the doctors themselves are very busy.

sadly i haven't checked the recommended doctors yet as i am new to this site .

I came to the conclusion that any doctor in UK will be more than 2.5k therefore I'm hopping to have it done in Belgium. However if you believe that your doctor would do it for under 2k i would like to visit him ASAP :)

First off, I don't make quotes for doctors. Im just saying how much I am being charged for my procedure. You would need to have a consultation. Second....are you asking for a non-shaven FUE? They are more expensive I believe.

Simon,

Here is a link to our interactive map. You can use to locate all of our recommended hair transplant surgeons. To learn about our criteria for recommending physicians, click here.

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

3 to 5 hundred is extremely small and won't change your life much if it is due to mpb. However, I would think that you could piggy back on another small case. You should shop around with some reputable docs and give them your situation. I'd like to see pics of someone that 300 grafts could help if you don't mind.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Had mine done in Poland 3 weeks ago today and my doc was assisted by someone from harley street who was there to learn (best practice sharing and all that) couldn't help think of the price difference if I went to Harley street !!!