5 Years Post-Op 2900 FUE Dr. Umar

Abedogg

Hey Guys,

It's been a long time. I thought I'd provide you with an update of what my hair looks 5 years out.

I had FUE with Dr. Umar. I'm sure you can find older posts where I detail my experiences. My blog has pre-op photos and post-op photos up to 8 months. I've added 5 year photos.

Overall, I'm happy I had the ht. I would definitely do it again. It seems like a lifetime ago.

My transplant isn't perfect but overall, I think it's a big improvement. My right front never fully got as thick as i would have liked it too and the right side of my head now has a pretty big baldspot. Not sure if it's from shock loss or overharvesting in an already thin area.

I'm able to cover this up with DermMatch which I apply daily.

Let me know if you have any questions. BTW - I have gel in my hair in these pics.

4-27-14-5-years-post-op.jpg.fbd3ea56a48211aff07a6911f2a68b3a.jpg

5b32deb52dbdf_leftside4-28-14postop.jpg.4b24d8ba497a2ef36db1ae3289532704.jpg

Front-and-top-4-28-14-5-years-post-op.jpg.1d4eef2b1f56555c08661d400488c7db.jpg

5b32deb55935e_Rightsidedermmatch4-28-145yearspostop.jpg.2ed73e67aeba44955898d3abd192159e.jpg

5b32deb56c5b2_RightSide4-28-145yearspostop.jpg.d4a65f4c4def1cc0f13686e2c2c33eae.jpg

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

From where you started, overall it looks pretty good. Are you on meds? For 5 years, it seems that that you have held on well to what you have.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

OK - after getting back on these forums, I'm starting to get the bug to improve my hair again.

Question for you guys - how many grafts do you think I would need to strengthen the hairline (mostly right side), fill in some gaps on the right side of my head, and strengthen the just behind the hairline?

I'm thinking about going with H&W this time. Thoughts?

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

Hey Guys,

My right front never fully got as thick as i would have liked it too and the right side of my head now has a pretty big baldspot. Not sure if it's from shock loss or overharvesting in an already thin area.

Thanks for sharing, Abedogg. I assume that you may have recently changed hair styles or shortened the length of your hair since the session of FUE in California. You stated that now the right side of the donor region has a noticeable bald spot. I'd consider donor restocking to treat this minor problem. I suspect that this bald area would require maybe fifty to one hundred grafts to achieve sufficient coverage. You would do yourself justice by going ahead and grafting it. A small grafting session would certainly be worth the amount of daily preparation time that you would save. The freedom that will come along with effectively treating the area would definitely improve your state of confidence and allow you to simply forget about it, period. Using your best donor resources should provide an effective resolution.

With the exception of the attention-attracting spot on the right auricular region of your scalp, your hair looks great in terms of naturalness, Abedogg. You could easily choose to delay treating the subsequent recession located behind the frontal hairline until it becomes obvious. If you go FUT, go for maximal density, but if you go FUE, don't have the same viewpoint if you want to save resources for later and minimize shock loss. Fortunately, you don't have an advanced degree of hair loss so FUE may be more efficient in correcting such minimal hair loss. As I previously stated, you really look good because your previous HT has yielded natural-looking growth.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians