Confirmed surgery with Dr Zontos

Hi there,

I've confirmed my surgery with Dr Zontos (Greek doctor), who will be coming to johannesburg in the beginning of August. I've asked about him before, did not receive any feedback, I've seen 2 of his patients and the results are good, also seen results of 1 patient by the south african doctor that works with him.

i'm 24 and i had 2 terrible strip procedures at the age of 21, the past few years have been the worst of my life. can anyone please help calm my nerves and tell me i'm not making a mistake with dr zontos? i won't be able to handle another bad procedure, I'm sure my therapist can already afford a yacht after all the help i've needed already.

regards,

very very nervous guy from south africa.

Is this the same doctor that used to work for D**? It appears you based your decision strictly on convenience. Since you have a delicate situation I would research more and be sure of your decision. You have had two bad surgeries in the past and know you are nervous about this decision. Nobody here is going to tell you that you are making a good decision because many people know very little or nothing about Dr. Z When he worked for D** (If that is him) they tried an aggressive campaign to promote their clinics. At the end what really matter was end result which was a failure in my opinion. There was a patient that received 8000 (LEE) body and head hair and his result was not good. No disrespect with the doctor but I wouldn't do it. I would have a virtual consult with as many doctor that you can especially the ones on this webpage. The more knowledge and questions you have answered the better. Be smart and be careful. Good luck!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

You've had some good advice on this above. Be careful & don't make another potential mistake. Haven't heard of him. You're only 24 & already going for round 3. What does that tell you? You need to really cautious! Can't be wasting precious grafts & also burning time & money & stressing out!

If you're not on meds, consider them. A recent pic can help.

Do your research. When you're done with the research, do some more!

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice guys much appreciated, I hardly log on, mainly because I really hate the situation I'm in and I try to distract myself as much as possible.

I think you are right and I should postpone/cancel the surgery respectfully and do more research, what would be the best wording to use to do this? "Family issues"/"Work trouble"?

Should I cancel now or a few weeks before the surgery?

You are right, this is more of a convenience, not the result of extensive research.

Also what are your guys views/opinions/experience on therapy (psychologists/psychiatrists)?

Perhaps I should post this as a separate thread.

Thanks again:)

Thanks for the advice guys much appreciated, I hardly log on, mainly because I really hate the situation I'm in and I try to distract myself as much as possible.

I think you are right and I should postpone/cancel the surgery respectfully and do more research, what would be the best wording to use to do this? "Family issues"/"Work trouble"?

Should I cancel now or a few weeks before the surgery?

You are right, this is more of a convenience, not the result of extensive research.

Also what are your guys views/opinions/experience on therapy (psychologists/psychiatrists)?

Perhaps I should post this as a separate thread.

Thanks again:)

Some concerns with that..

I've done online consults with Hasson and Wong/Rahal and a few other surgeons recommended on this site.

The problem comes in when it's time to view patients in person (an absolute must). None of their patients are from around my area, I'd need to travel and minimum 8 hour flight just to meet patients.

Where as with doctor Zontos, I did see 2 of his patients in person. I am just concerned due to him not being recommended here... Do you believe that you have to be listed on hairrestorationnetwork in order for you to be considered a good hair transplant surgeon?

Yes, grafts are limited, but so is our time on this earth...

Some aren't recommended on here but this site among other decent sites give you an indication of what you should expect from top surgeons. You see their patients results, real life stories & you read some good info.

I was like you too & wanted to see patients but couldn't. I still boarded that plane, I felt immediately at ease as soon as I met the surgeon & his staff. But that's not enough if you haven't seen results online. Here you get plenty of patient photos & videos. Make the most of them!

Yes, grafts are limited, but so is our time on this earth...

Yes exactly why you have to make the best decision. Making a bad one will cost you a lot more time looking for repair as you are going through right now. Just because its convenience or close doesn't mean that it is going to be good or bad. Not one post from one of the top forums have told you they have experience with this doctor or told you that you are making a good decision. At the end its your decision if you are waiting for some kind of clarity or somebody telling you anything positive about this doctor its probably not going to happen.

Good luck on your surgery!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Having had 2 failed surgeries there is no way you should risk another your remaining grafts have become more precious.

If you choose a surgeon that's been recommended you can be ensured of a quality transplant with a much better rate of success.

The recommended surgeons have demonstrated a high consistency of work - which is always under constant review.

You can see a great deal of results on here from each and every one of them.

Please please do not risk whats probably your last available grafts on a non recommended surgeon.

You can see that many people have taken a risk on their surgeon and regretted it ever since.

Please don't make the same mistake.