Long drive home after surgery

Question for the HT veterans:

So, I've found the doctor that I want to perform the surgery. The city the clinic is in is about a 12 hour drive away. Instead of spending money on airfare and a rental car I figure I could just drive there. However, my concern is the drive back home.

I do plan to stay in town at least 2 days post op but is this enough time for my head to be in good enough physical condition for the drive back? As in, did you experience headaches, pains, etc. that would make such an endurance drive especially exhausting? Is there any potential risk to the suture which will affect the final scar?

Thanks for the input.

If I were going to dive that far, I would stay a minimum of 3 and preferably 4. If you do experience pain, you will want the options for meds, which you can't do if you are driving. Plus, you are looking in your blind spots to change lanes, etc. If it were me, I would fly at that distance, or have a friend come with you. That said, if it is a smaller case, or you have good laxity, you may be able to get away with it at 3 days.

Overdoing right after surgery does increase your chances of a stretched scar IMO.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.