Topical fin, non PPG minox and other topical products.

Redchilli007

I'm looking for input and opinions on alternatives to generic oral fin and Minox solution.

Basically these are reagrded as the big guns for stopping hairloss with maybe a little growth to boot. I'm trying to find out the best alternatives to the usual forms of both drugs in an attept to lower the risk of sides from fin and skin irritation that minox can bring about.

My research on all things related to hairloss has led me to many products and stories some of which include people trying topical fin or making their own topical fin/minox combos. Sometimes its as simple dropping fin tablets into minox solution as they disolve very well in minox. People have claimed very good results with this method whilst reducing sides.

Promox for example is a 15% minox product with 0.1% fin, Azelaic Acid 1.5%, Progesterone 0.25%, Tretinoin 0.025% & Hydrocortisone 0.1%.

Has anybody got any experience with this product?

The argument against a topical fin comes two fold. Some say because fin inhibits DHT production from the prostate, as opposed to having direct effect on the hair follicle and that finasteride applyed topically is useless if its primary effect takes place at the prostate. The second point is that Fin is absorbed systematically weather you swallow or apply it on the skin. So take it orally for max efficacy.

I have heard others claim they have had DHT reduction levels with the topical at the same level as oral after having blood tests on both methods but with less sides on the topical.

Other topical products seem to be trying to improve the blend also. For example PPG or Propylene Glycol is used in minox to penetrate the skin and deliver the drug. PPG can causes rashes and skin irritation which is one of the draw backs metioned in regards to Minox.

Some alternative products are

Spectral DNC: another form of rogaine which is created with Minoxidil Sulphate a much more costly form of Minoxidil that is water soluble and therefore does not require a high concentration of propylene glycol or alcohol.

Lipogaine: minoxidil 5%, proprietary herbal blend DHT blocker, apple polyphenol, biotin, biotinyl-tripeptide, niacin, vitamin B6 and B12.

Saw palmetto is the DHT blocker here afaik and I'm pretty sure Azelaic Acid is the vehicle to deliver the drug.

Dulagen: Minoxidil 15% (9 grams of minoxidil in each bottle; i.e., 150 mg/mL)

Azelaic acid 5% (3 grams of Azelaic acid in each bottle; i.e., 50 mg/mL)

Retinol 0.025% (0.25 mg/mL)

Caffeine 0.001% (0.01 mg/mL)

Ethanol

Glycerin

A minox boosted product again with no PPG.

Minox foam is a PPG free alternative to the solution but some users say its less effective than the solution and some even melt the foam into liquid form before applying. Dr Lee used to offer PPG free Minox, kirkland does 5% Minox. Rogaine to make a PPG free solution version but I find it hard to come by (Ireland).

Revivogen. Topical Flutamide, Folligen and many other alternative topicals are out there in an attempt to reduce sides and rashes for the hairloss customer.

Has anybody tired these products or some others I have not listed? Please share your experiences. Also lets have a topical fin and minox ppg free thread, and general topical alternatives thread.