Once tight scalp always tight scalp?

I scalp was tight during my initial HT limiting my number of grafts to 1750. I'm having another procedure this summer and was wondering if I should expect the same problem the second time around? Thanks.

I took a quick look at your profile and you classify yourself as a NW3. On average you would need between 2000 and 3000 grafts to give you a good result depending on final hairline placement. If you only got 1750 and this was your very first procedure then your scalp must have been either tight as a drum or your doctor doesn't know what he's doing. To be limited to so few grafts on a virgin scalp (when performing strip) is unheard of, to me at least. I'd take a second look at why this was the case.

If it was only the lack of good laxity that kept your numbers so low then you should expect even fewer grafts, maybe 60% to 70% of the original number for your second procedure. Each subsequent procedure will give you fewer grafts due to the increase in tension with more tissue being removed. Scalp laxity exercises are the only way to counter this.

Here is the original scalp laxity exercises video that I uploaded over 7 years ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOQX_WyLosA

And here is the newer version that I modified to help increase the comfort level while performing them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0yZ8CuiiGY

Good luck.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

My scalp was so tight That the grafts kept popping out during my first ht causing the transplant to fail, on second procedure they made the cuts deeper and results were good

Did your clinic tell you this? Scalp laxity has nothing to do with the recipient area much less with the whether or not grafts pop out. Graft popping is usually due to excessive bleeding, grafts being stuffed into incisions that were too small, or attempts at placing at higher densities without knowing how to do it. Popping has nothing to do with graft survival either because when they pop out they can simply be slipped back in until they "take". If you had poor growth and you have a lot of popping during your procedure the damage could have been done at various levels of the procedure, starting with the dissection of the grafts, the size of the incision to the handling of the grafts by the technicians. I'm glad your second procedure grew better for you but I needed to clarify the issue.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians