6 Month Scar Question

Hey guys...I had a FUT procedure done about 6 months ago. I have a light skin tone and my scar is still very much pink/red. I just got a short haircut for the first time to see how the scar would look. I buzzed the back down to a #4. As you can see, the scar is still slightly visible. I was just wondering in anyone's experience is this likely my final result as far as the scar goes or is it going to get better over time? Do you think as the redness fades it will become less visible? Thanks in advance...

scar.gif.jpg.dae97e65afbc43641f5f52b74a5c1496.jpg

Abcd,

Much like the results of the transplant itself, I really think it takes roughly 12 months for the scar to mature as well. If you are really concerned, you could visit the doctor who performed the procedure and see if he/she wanted to do any sort of steroid injection, but my guess is that they would tell you to wait for the 12 month mark.

Hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I too think it will diminish as time goes by. I see this concern in a lot of posts.

It was never even a consideration in my case. I last buzzed my hair last in 1968 and have never since and don't plan to. :)

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.