Hair styling questions post FUT

I am a week post FUT. I have taken a few weeks off work to recover covertly. However, my boss has invited me for aa work function/dinner next week. At least my sutures will be out but what can I do about my hair?

Will the scars be visible? I have not yet shaved the rest of my head.. Will I still have scabs on top?

I cannot refuse the invite! Last guy that did this is gone.

Can anyone share post-FUT hair styles where the scar is not visible?

Thank you all

You will get sacked for not going to dinner with your boss? Sounds like a lovely person. Moreover, this is unfair dismissal and not legal.

Why don't you just tell him/her you are recovering from an operation?

The scar will be visible until you grow hair long enough to not see the scalp.

Thanks for the reply. I might not get sacked but I know my work may be affected, I'm sure. Not the greatest scenario but it pays the bills.

I have left my hair long for now. But if I go with a 4 guard all around (to hide stitches) and shaved on top, I will look terrible, no?

Can i use toppik on top or that will be too obvious?

I'm trying to imagine the kind of work you do and the kind of person your boss is that your work would suffer for declining a dinner invite and I just can't. My advice? Use the 3 weeks you took off for this to send out resumes.

I don't know how you're going to hide the fact that you had a HT without seeing pics. Did you shave down in the recipient area? Cutting your hair after a HT is tricky business and from everything I read shouldn't be done until at least 3 weeks post-op. That's when I had my first haircut and my stylist was very careful not to cut too much to reveal the donor scar.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Toppix, concealer and hairspary for the donor area, and a comb over or comb down for the transplanted area

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I am in a very agressive sales environment. The dinner is with a key prospective client. It's a dog-eat-dog world where I work.

I think I will have to go as short as I can on the back and sides and cover up the scar with toppix. It won't be pretty but it might get me through the night

Best of luck! Let us know how it goes.

Thanks. As i look at the scar area, it's still very short around there. It will not be easy to cover up. WWhen I let the longer hair around it fall over it, it's not obvious but with the buzzcut up top, I will look like a sure-fire loser in front of the client! I still have a few days...