hairline thickness

can the hair transplanted in the hairline become less thicker over the time and look natural? and so not detectable?

I heard opinions about that claiming transplants are detectable by general people due to the thickness of the hairline. what do you think about that?

could the difference of thickness between donor hair or transplanted and a not receding hair ( natural hairline) be a factor to dected a hair transplant ?

what do you think about the thickness of donor hair transplanted in the hairline?

coudl someone (general people) detect a hair transplant by looking a this factor?

Edited by lessthanme

could the difference of thickness between donor hair or transplanted and a not receding hair ( natural hairline) be a factor to dected a hair transplant ?

what do you think about the thickness of donor hair transplanted in the hairline?

coudl someone (general people) detect a hair transplant by looking a this factor?

There's a difference between a juvenile hairline and a mature hairline. Plenty of men maintain a non-receded, mature hairline (typically 5cm+ high). As for differences in density, it is possible for someone to continue receding behind the transplanted hairline (which would look strange). That's why hairline transplants are often discouraged for men less than 30 years.

I'm not saying about receding hairline but that the hair in the donor area are more thick than the hair that were originally in the hairline that are instead fine. what do you think about that?

yes

the diameter of the individual hairs do play a role in the detectability of HT especially in the hairline

can the diameter of these hair become finer as the years pass?

SURE

it may take many, many years or not at all, since these hairs are less affected by the miniaturization associated with DHT

I haven't had my transplant yet, so I can't give a personal answer, but it all depends on the surgery quality...

Hairlines have a LOT of variation, if you look at girl's hairlines, they can have fine nape hairs at the front or even just start as thick and strong as the rest of their hair. How thick your hairline starts doesn't matter unless it clashes with the nearby hair, like my bad picture example shows...

FbXNIsU.png

A transplant hairline that's too thin won't look fake, it'll just look thinning, unless it was made by all strong 3 hair grafts in which case a pluggy look would start to appear...

If you're planning a HT and kind of worried, you should get it in 2 surgeries. 1 that gives a density of 40-50 grafts/cm and another if you want thicker + a second one will give you ideas to hide the faults of the first...

Also, male hairlines always sort of start strong due to the fine hairs being dead. If you want a juvenile hairline, do something like this I guess..

4T27ZQu.png

Sorry that the drawings are low quality