Does propecia has sexual side effects?

ash809

Hello experts and folks,

I have been reading some stuff about propecia causing sexual impotency and that men loose the drive to have sex over a period of time. Is that really true? Does this really happen?

I see increasing study that even small periods of use of propecia can cause considerable fall in ejaculation levels and use of it for long period of times does really cause sexual impotency.

We can read all of this in the side effects of the drug itself.

Following is one of the case study i found online :

Baldness Drug Propecia May Have Long-Lasting, Possibly Permanent Sexual Side Effects - ABC News

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride

http://healthland.time.com/2012/04/13/fda-adds-sexual-side-effects-to-propecia-and-proscar-labels/

I am not sure if i really want to continue taking this drug anymore. Need suggestions/ advise on this.

Edited by ash809

To be honest it's a little troubling you're on the drug but didn't know this! How long have you been on it? If you're not actually having a problem, I wouldn't worry about it. You would experience those side effects shortly after starting. If you are having problems, then yes maybe lower the dosage or stop.

It could possibly be true Fin can cause permanent sexual side effects, but in the cases where people still have problems after quitting it's not clear if they would have had similiar problems taking just sugar pills. People lose sexual desire for all kinds of reasons.

But yes, there is a risk. I believe the large majority of people on Fin are fine, and personally have had no problems so far.

Hi Rootz, thanks for your reply. No i haven't been facing any issues in terms of my sex life but am just worried it might in future. I am still not married and hence the concern for me.

So far its been over 2months and i haven't had any problems. But looking at the stats am guessing it might be a problem.

Any suggestions are welcomed!

I am definately worried about using propecia. I somehow get the feeling that my ejaculation levels are going down day by day. I think this comes as a warning to me that i should stop using propecia.

Is there an alternate to using propecia? I am currently using minix 5, does that alone not help in hair re growth?

Please do respond as i need to take the pills on daily basis and i don't know if i want to or not!

May be worth getting some checks done blood ect see if it that.myself I could not get a erection with saw so I stopped it,it also gave me worse headaches then I get daily and acne

Which could of been due to the stress I was at the time under..

I am not sure if i just built it up in my head or is it really true? But every time i look at any article online it kinda freaks me out a little. I asked my doc and he said i should be fine even on med.

An honest expert opinion would be really appreciated.