Any one has done the FUT before? need help plz

I am really nervous about pain, I could not sleep all the time.

the part of taking strip is extremely scared.

could any one tell me If it is very painful when the strip taking out?

really worried about that, plz give me the true experience from you, thanks.

any one has took valium before? could tell me the feeling after using it.

I am from china, sorry for the poor English.

SSS,

The donor region - where the strip is removed - is treated with a local anesthetic before extraction. This means you should be completely "numb" and really feel nothing during the strip removal process. However, you will likely feel some discomfort during the anesthesia injections. Most compare this pain to a series of small "pinches" or "stings." If you've received an injection or "shot" before, you're aware of this sensation.

Many patients are provided with Valium or another type of benzodiazepine medication during the procedure. This helps reduce anxiety and stress. You will likely feel extremely relaxed and possibly "sleepy" after taking this medication.

I hope this helps! Good luck.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

SSS,

The donor region - where the strip is removed - is treated with a local anesthetic before extraction. This means you should be completely "numb" and really feel nothing during the strip removal process. However, you will likely feel some discomfort during the anesthesia injections. Most compare this pain to a series of small "pinches" or "stings." If you've received an injection or "shot" before, you're aware of this sensation.

Many patients are provided with Valium or another type of benzodiazepine medication during the procedure. This helps reduce anxiety and stress. You will likely feel extremely relaxed and possibly "sleepy" after taking this medication.

I hope this helps! Good luck.

My doctor will give me a anesthetic cream before the injection, it that make sense? thanks

Yes, that makes sense.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Yes, that makes sense.

Hi, I am sorry for the one more question. I just wonder if it is very safe when we use anesthetic cream and local anesthetic together. because I have never heard about some doctors will give the cream before. my doctor may think I am very nervous about pain:o

that is my last question, thanks