Need an opinion

Elephant

looks more like hairline maturization than MPB, can't quite see the vertex but looks thick from the pics

your current density is better than or least same as what a good HT would provide, so I don't think you need a procedure unless you really wanted to lower the hairline etc.

some of the other folks will ask the same, but are you on any meds?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I'm not on any meds, and I'm happy with what I currently have. I've noticed that my hairline changed compared to what it was when I was 18. I think my current hairline has been around since I was ~20 with few changes. My hair is definitely thick everywhere except at the corners of my forehead where it's slightly less thick.

What differentiates a maturing hairline from MPB? Thinning hair combined with a receding hairline? I'm new to all this, so forgive me if these are simple questions.

some say the corners going could be an early sign, but your overall hair looks thick yeah

any sign of miniaturized hairs in the temple corners?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

The difference between a maturing hairline and MPB has overlap and gray areas. But I'd say there's two general types of hair loss, 1) frontal hairline recession and 2) frontal hairline recession + crown loss. Obviously the second one is more extreme, and this is typically what people associate with MPB. Basically everyone experiences the first one, just to varying degrees. But you can still fit into the first category and lose hair aggressively, think Jude Law for example.

Assuming your crown is fine, you're obviously in the first category... but you never know what could happen down the road. Right now I'd say you are experiencing frontal recession somewhat aggressively. You have some thinning in your temple area and you can see the traces of where you hairline once was based on the lone stands scattered around out front. Do not panic, this is pretty typical stuff... you probably have above average hair. But it's something to note.

Right now you're a NW2, in 5-10 years I suspect there's a strong chance you'll enter NW3 or greater. Just my guess, anything can happen. You could lose less, you could lose more. But you should seriously consider trying some hairloss treatments.

I agree, that you should try some hairloss treatment, first you should discuss this problem with your doctor, because every one has individual metabolism system. Also you can start with some natural remedies:

1) Cut back on meat: Hormonal imbalances are a primary culprit in hair loss. Japanese researchers also link excessive sebum production in the scalp to high levels of 5-alpha reductase. Their research indicated that animal fat intake may increase sebum production.

2) Address a possible underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism) which can cause thinning hair: Add sea vegetables like kelp, nori, dulse, kombu and wakame, all of which are rich in iodine may be helpful to balance this condition. Avoid drinking tap water since it typically contains fluorine and chlorine, two chemicals that inhibit iodine absorption. You may also want to supplement with 100 mg or 1 mL of the herb bladderwrack (focus vesiculosus) daily. Work with a qualified holistic health care professional if you suspect a sluggish thyroid gland.

3) Get enough essential fatty acids: Essential fatty acids from walnuts, flaxseeds, fish and avocado are also important for healthy hair.

4) Boost bioton: Biotin encourages hair and scalp health. Dietary sources of biotin include: nuts, brown rice and oats.