Looking for advice for 1st transplant

koobs

Hi everybody,

Been reading these boards for a while, finally decided to post.

Attaching pictures of my current situation. I'm 30 years old. Noticed recession when I was 19. Noticed crown when I was 21. Have been on rogaine and finasteride since 22, and honestly, the past 8 years I have receded and thinned I think very slowly. Slowly but surely though, I think I need some help.

I would love to shave my head, I've done it once before, and I don't mind how I look like that.

Here's the problem, I'm on television. You don't know me, I'm not famous. But my job is on tv, and I have to be there most days through the year. I don't have a year to recover, I would estimate I could only get about 3-4 months off before I have to be back on air.

On top of all this, my employers don't even know I'm thinning. Since my first day, I've come to work with caboki in. That stuff covers my thinning so well, people have even remarked how full my hair is. So I'll also have to tell them I've been hiding my thinning, and now need a transplant and some time off work.

What do you think? I have a consultation with Dr. Feller in a couple weeks, (I live close to NYC), but beyond that, I'm willing to fly somewhere, throw the money that needs to be thrown at the situation, just need to find the right solution.

Also super timid to do anything besides FUE, when I see people with botched HT's, and walking around with shaved heads and a very noticeable scar, I can't imagine having that be me.

hair1.jpg.9c9d1a3c591cdb5b97f980cdeb4de4c7.jpg

hair2.jpg.843e3118a7e81d1621bd210d3c2b866c.jpg

Hi everybody,

Been reading these boards for a while, finally decided to post.

Attaching pictures of my current situation. I'm 30 years old. Noticed recession when I was 19. Noticed crown when I was 21. Have been on rogaine and finasteride since 22, and honestly, the past 8 years I have receded and thinned I think very slowly. Slowly but surely though, I think I need some help.

I would love to shave my head, I've done it once before, and I don't mind how I look like that.

Here's the problem, I'm on television. You don't know me, I'm not famous. But my job is on tv, and I have to be there most days through the year. I don't have a year to recover, I would estimate I could only get about 3-4 months off before I have to be back on air.

On top of all this, my employers don't even know I'm thinning. Since my first day, I've come to work with caboki in. That stuff covers my thinning so well, people have even remarked how full my hair is. So I'll also have to tell them I've been hiding my thinning, and now need a transplant and some time off work.

What do you think? I have a consultation with Dr. Feller in a couple weeks, (I live close to NYC), but beyond that, I'm willing to fly somewhere, throw the money that needs to be thrown at the situation, just need to find the right solution.

Also super timid to do anything besides FUE, when I see people with botched HT's, and walking around with shaved heads and a very noticeable scar, I can't imagine having that be me.

Feller will most likely want to sway you toward strip. I haven't seen a Feller-posted FUE result in about 2 years and the patient-posted ones were not good either... I would look into someone like Bisanga, Feriduni, Lorenzo, Maras who are adept with FUE.

Feller will most likely want to sway you toward strip. I haven't seen a Feller-posted FUE result in about 2 years and the patient-posted ones were not good either... I would look into someone like Bisanga, Feriduni, Lorenzo, Maras who are adept with FUE.

Thanks Mickey.

I was looking at Lorenzo's work, pretty impressive. What is the deal with doing something with someone so far away? Do they do an online consultation first or something? Or do people fly twice?

Also, besides Lorenzo, where are those other Dr.'s located? And who do you like the most out of them?

Also, do any of them do the no shave technique? I was reading about that somewhere.

Thanks Mickey.

I was looking at Lorenzo's work, pretty impressive. What is the deal with doing something with someone so far away? Do they do an online consultation first or something? Or do people fly twice?

Also, besides Lorenzo, where are those other Dr.'s located? And who do you like the most out of them?

Also, do any of them do the no shave technique? I was reading about that somewhere.

Online consults are the way to go. Some(like Feriduni) can set up a Skype consult. You should even request a face-to-face Skype consult as I feel it better conveys the patient's desires and situation.

Maras is in Cyprus. Mwamba/Bisanga/Feriduni are in Belgium. Erdogan and Hakan are in Turkey. Lorenzo is in the UK currently but will be in Spain in September if I remember correctly. I like all these surgeons but If I had to go for what I consider the best it would be Lorenzo.

The "no-shave" technique only allows a very limited amount of grafts to be harvested, about 300-500. I'm not sure any of these surgeons employ that option... Best option is the shave the whole donor, at least the surgeon gets a better look at which angle/direction the grafts grow which can minimize transection.

I would love to shave my head, I've done it once before, and I don't mind how I look like that.. Here's the problem, I'm on television.

in that case.. def go for FUE

On top of all this, my employers don't even know I'm thinning. Since my first day, I've come to work with caboki in. That stuff covers my thinning so well, people have even remarked how full my hair is.

I used to use Toppik alot before HT and had been told the same thing-- I wondered if my receding hairline had gotten to the point where people were just being nice, and noticed something was off about what I was doing with my hair.. ugh, when you think about it like that it is kind of embarrassing.. but your pics are not as bad as my condition was.

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.