generic rogaine

iiieee

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any experience with the generic MonoxidilMax? I'm about to try their 10 or 15% minoxidil solutions, so it would be great to hear from someone who's done it.

Appreciated, thanks,

iiieee

Hi ii,

Technically, only the 2% and 5% minoxidil solutions are approved for the treatment of androgenic alopecia (male pattern hair loss) and female pattern hair loss. While I've heard of some individuals experimenting with higher concentrations of minoxidil before, I have not seen any convincing studies stating that it is superior to the more dilute solutions.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Blake,

Thanks for your response--appreciated.

I have done some idiographic research into these higher concentrations that will interest you and anyone else who uses minoxidil . . . I've made higher concentrations of minoxidil solution at home with massive success in thickening my hair. It started when I noticed that the minoxidil (Rogaiane Extra Strength) started to crystalize out of solution near the bottom of the bottle. Reasoning that the repeated opening and closing of the bottle had caused some evaporation and increased its concentration, I tried using it on my receding hairline. A few weeks later I saw my hairline restored!

After that, I set up a little chamber at the back of my closest to "reduce" the 60ml volume down to about 35ml. The key is to make sure the humidity does not rise above approx. 20% (I used a humidity gauge and a dehumidifier, keeping it around 10% humidity) otherwise the alcohol, which holds most of the minoxidil in solution, will evaporate off too quickly and the minoxidil will fall out of solution. The highest concentration I've been able to make is about 12%.

If anyone wants more detail about how to do this, just ask.

Thanks, again Blake for your interest,

iiieee

Hi Blake,

Thanks for your response--appreciated.

I have done some idiographic research into these higher concentrations that will interest you and anyone else who uses minoxidil . . . I've made higher concentrations of minoxidil solution at home with massive success in thickening my hair. It started when I noticed that the minoxidil (Rogaiane Extra Strength) started to crystalize out of solution near the bottom of the bottle. Reasoning that the repeated opening and closing of the bottle had caused some evaporation and increased its concentration, I tried using it on my receding hairline. A few weeks later I saw my hairline restored!

After that, I set up a little chamber at the back of my closest to "reduce" the 60ml volume down to about 35ml. The key is to make sure the humidity does not rise above approx. 20% (I used a humidity gauge and a dehumidifier, keeping it around 10% humidity) otherwise the alcohol, which holds most of the minoxidil in solution, will evaporate off too quickly and the minoxidil will fall out of solution. The highest concentration I've been able to make is about 12%.

If anyone wants more detail about how to do this, just ask.

Thanks, again Blake for your interest,

iiieee