Transplanted hair growing in curly and standing up

I am 5 months out from a procedure and I've gotten some good growth so far. The only concern is my new hair is growing in curly and standing straight up, so it is kind of pushing my existing hair up and just looks funny all around. Is this something that is going to relax over time? Thanks.

Do the new hair shafts look kinky or zagged in appearance? I know you stated curly but was just curious. How long in length is the newly grown hair?

If they are curly, I wonder what the characteristic of the hair shafts look like from the donor zone they were harvested from, namely the back of your scalp. If there is a natural wave or curl, that may why your new growth appears the same.

If the hair shafts are more kinky then curly, then yes with time they will eventually straighten out as the growth cycle fulfills. This is true for most individuals.

Wishing you a robust regrowth...:D

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks for taking the time to reply...I probably did a poor job of explaining. Their more kinky in texture then curly, curly was a bad word choice. They are just very course and stand up/are wiry. When you say that over time they will soften, how long do you mean? Thanks again for the reply and well wishes!

You are very welcome my friend.

Yes my premonition was that the texture was more kinky than curly, no problem.

It's more the fulfillment of the anagen growth cycle, meaning, as the hair shafts grow and you get haircuts, the follicle will eventually go into the resting pahse.

Then, after 3-4 months of resting (telogen), the growth cycle begins again and it's the new hair shafts that begin to straighten out.

The time period varies but the less coarse your hair characteristic is, the less time it takes overall for them to straighten out.

Wishing you well as your procedure fully matures...:)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY