Any scottish Members with Advice for HT

kev

Hi guys.

Just joined and as you can guess from title am from Scotland.Limited to consulatations in Glasgow which is not ideal as from north Scotland but not to bad.Just wanting advice from any fellow Scottish/british guys regarding Consultations in Glasgow.

Has anyone tried the Glasgow clinic?

got good press last year when twins went in same day to have surgery.spoke on phone and e mailed and went quite well although when mentioned would be FUT id need they said didn't get much requests for FUT nowadays!made me bit suspicious.im a norwood 6/7 so would def require FUT and not FUE .Any feedback on that company would be great.have a consultation with them next month,what attracts me to them is the surgery is also in Glasgow so if any thing not happy with not to far to complain!usually im finding consultations in Glasgow but surgery in London/Birmingham!again not problem with that if the surgery is good .Also thinking of going for consultation with Ziering uk Transplant-the company who did Jason Gardners HT,im similar to him before his op so impressed but found out since his op when he went on daytime tv he had Fibres added to the density to make it look better!

the other one im having consultation with is FUE clinics ,but done research and Jeremy hasn't good reviews or his company-originally Norton.e mailed him and hes quite pushy so not too sure.leaning towards ziering uk at moment but will have all consultations and hopefully good advice on this forum.

currently wear a wig and have done for 14 years but now 44 and fed up with the upkeep of it so looking seriously at HT.if all else fails im tempted to shave head as fed up with tapes,glues.etc and don't want botched up HT and you hear some horror storys so any help greatly appreciated,especially regarding the 3 companys ive mentioned

cheers guys

Kev,

Finding a good clinic with an excellent reputation is much better than someone local, if you complain to a clinic with a poor reputation then it is likely to fall of deaf ears as they will have heard it many times before.

As a Norwood 6/7 it really depends on what your donor hair is like and your expectations to make a worthwhile improvement you are going to need a decent number of grafts and expect at least two sessions to do this.

I would suggest taking some clear photos of your head and most importantly your donor hair as this is the key and consulting online with various clinics. I won't comment on the 3 clinics that you have mentioned but you should also consult with the Farjo clinic who are recommended on this site. You also have some very good clinics in Belgium that would be worth visiting.

But some clear photos of your donor hair will be able to tell a great deal.

I wish you all the best.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Of your a Nw 6 /7 I'd say this guy^^^^^^ represents who you should be looking at, donor permitting I'd say dr Hassan is probably your best bet fut!! If you want fue and youv got enough donor then erdogan (Asmed) is your best bet!! Good luck!!

cheers guys for help/ill try to upload some pics soon.

have consultations in Glasgow with Ziering uk and The Glasgow clinic.

will know more then but greatly appreciate your help.

kev

• 1 year later...

Did you decide to go to the Glasgow clinic? I am also in Scotland and currently looking for a clinic to perform FUE. I have had a consolation with zeiring and also KSL but leaning towards KSL as the consulii spoke with seemed more professional and knowledgeable. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks

yeah did mate but don't do fut in Scotland and id need several sessions of fue which is performed in Glasgow and as norwood 6/7 would get good coverage so decided against it,but the clinic was very professional.

hope this helps

all the best