What have people said at work?

I'm going to Istanbul for a HT in a months time. Only my close family know, and my two managers at work. Didn't want to tell them, but tbh I had no choice. Once I return to work they'll start asking anyway so thought I'd tell them. But I'm really worries that I'll get some odd looks and stares all around the office, how have you coped with it?

I'm going to ask my manager if it may be possible to wear a hat for a few weeks, although I'm not sure how this might work in an office environment.

Also, speaking of hats, is it advisable to go outdoors wearing a beanie hat after the HT? I'd wear a cap but they dont suit me. Don't want any of the hat to be touching the implanted grafts

I'm going to Istanbul for a HT in a months time. Only my close family know, and my two managers at work. Didn't want to tell them, but tbh I had no choice. Once I return to work they'll start asking anyway so thought I'd tell them. But I'm really worries that I'll get some odd looks and stares all around the office, how have you coped with it?

I'm going to ask my manager if it may be possible to wear a hat for a few weeks, although I'm not sure how this might work in an office environment.

Also, speaking of hats, is it advisable to go outdoors wearing a beanie hat after the HT? I'd wear a cap but they dont suit me. Don't want any of the hat to be touching the implanted grafts

Your anxiety is quite normal but it won't be as bad as you think. 95% of people wont give a skit.

I went back to an open plan office with 90 colleagues in my section, 150 more on the same floor and 2,000+ in the building. I didn't notice anyone staring.

Going through the ordeal of surgery actually makes it easier to cope going back to work. For me, it was surprisingly easy to laugh off comments about my new 'haircut'.

I would not bother with the hat. It will only draw more attention toward you. Avoiding intense sunlight, i.e. sunburn, is about the only thing you need to worry about while outdoors.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day