Dr. Ron or Paul Shapiro?

MikeTPA

I'm looking to consult in the near future with the Shapiro group. I'm curious--when I call for a consult, will they set me up with Dr. Ron, Dr. Paul, both, or is it my choice? If it is my choice, is one a better choice than the other? Is there any difference between the two as far as their "subspeciality" (i.e., is one better with hairlines than the other)? Is there a price difference between the two ( I know that Dr. Ron has been doing HT for longer)? BTW, I'm a Norwood II-III and looking for about 2,000-2,500 grafts to my frontal hairline and probably want to create sideburns. Thanks in advance for anyone who's able to answer-- I know that they are both extremely good surgeons and I would feel confident with either-- I've seen beautiful work from both.

Hello Mike, You will initially meet with me, Matt Zupan their Patient Educator and assistant. Dr. Ron & Paul are always at the office and are available to come in within the appointment for you to meet and for them to evaluate your condition. You will get various opinions from others, but I really feel both are equally good and consist today. Dr. Paul is great because of Ron, he trained Paul and has set the quality control at our clinic, but Paul is his own man today. I myself have been with Dr. Ron Shapiro, going on 25yrs, ever since he's been doing hair transplants. We all look forward to you visiting our office. All the best...

Patient Educator, Shapiro Medical. Going on 20years with Dr Ron Shapiro......not a regular poster, I leave that to Janna

You really can't go wrong with either one. Obviously Dr. Ron is the OG but Dr. Paul produces results that are just as impressive. I get the sense that Dr. Ron may be a wee bit more conservative than Dr. Paul. Also I think that Paul employs the use of aggressive micro irregularities, even more so than Ron, in his hairlines to produce natural looking results. Both are elite, artistic, and highly committed to their craft.

When looking at their results, it is hard to tell the difference between the two. Good luck!!

Call Jana or Matt and they'll give you their inputs on their differences.

I met with both….briefly, after a consultation with Matt. I echo the statements of all. I will say this, Dr. Ron was extremely thorough and spent a solid 10-15 minutes evaluating my hair loss and proposed treatment (fyi…I'm a solid NW 5-so I have extensive loss with no hairline). Also, he has an incredible "bedside manner". Very genuine.

they are both great docs, you will be in good hands with either doc.ive talked to matt and janna before and they both have alot of knowledge on hts and are there to help ,good luck on your hair transplant,

Edited by SADbutTRUE

Hello Mike, You will initially meet with me, Matt Zupan their Patient Educator and assistant. Dr. Ron & Paul are always at the office and are available to come in within the appointment for you to meet and for them to evaluate your condition. You will get various opinions from others, but I really feel both are equally good and consist today. Dr. Paul is great because of Ron, he trained Paul and has set the quality control at our clinic, but Paul is his own man today. I myself have been with Dr. Ron Shapiro, going on 25yrs, ever since he's been doing hair transplants. We all look forward to you visiting our office. All the best...

Thanks, Matt and the others who replied. Matt, I'll look forward to talking to you in the near future and meeting with you all in person. Thank you for your reply!