Dr. Lawrence Shapiro

GnSville07,

Your first post was not just to give kudos to Dr. Larry Shapiro, it was to antagonize DDD03. Anyone who reads your post can clearly see this.

I have no problem with you praising the doctor who did work on your father-in-law, but I do have a problem with your antagonistic posts. You are now in violation of our terms of service where it clearly states:

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this software service to post any material which is of a commercial or promotional nature, knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB."

Everyone else has already been warned and have changed their tone. You are the only one who is persisting to be antagonistic.

Thus, this is your last warning. Cease and desist with the insults and antagonizing posts or you will be suspended.

Bill

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to make this more conversational and less of a argument icon_smile.gif I am happy to answer your questions Gainesville. As I said I am heading to get my MBA there soon. (So were both on the same team!!!).

As I said I had the procedure done when I was 21 and pretty much had a full head of hair. I had 3's and 4's (and IMO larger) placed throughout my native hair. It wasn't until a few years later that my native hair fell out and I realized what the damage was.

I did zero research before my procedure. Anyways, after weighing some options, IN MY OPINION I felt as though there were better doctors out there (I realize we do not share this opinion and there is nothing wrong with that). I chose to trust my donor with another doctor. While in the end I am still not satisfied, if I had to do it over again I would not have gone to Shapiro. Please don't take offense to this. I am going to see Feller tomorrow...do you think this is in anyway an insult to all the H&W patients? I hope you understant the point I am trying to make.

As I reiterated, I don't beleive it was ethical for Dr. Shapiro to operate on me at such a young age in my attempt to "stay ahead of my hairloss". I put the blame on myself as well.

FYI, all doctors make you sign waivers before a transplant stating that you basically realize that there is no gaurantee for anything (you may even come out worse!). I am not trying to argue with you...I am just putting the information out there.

"None of you will change my choosing of the doctor that will work on my husband "

-shouldn't he be choosing the Dr? icon_smile.gif

On top of that yes! the "jingle" is catchy, it is more professional than being a member of this forum !

I suppose this makes tons of sense. Instead of posting comprehensive photos for the world to see, allowing yourself to be evaluated by your esteemed peers, and offering access to your clinic with complete transparency to a community of educated and conscientious patients... why not just write a fun little jingle instead? Jingles are very "professional" in the medical profession,and they have long been considered the most impressive way of demonstrating a doctor's competency and credibility.

A friend of mine needs open heart surgery, and he is desperately trying to determine which doctor out there has the best jingle. I've been helping him. You wouldn't believe how many guys out there have offered to perform surgery on him who have given us the run around when asked if we can hear their jingle.

Billo -- let me suggest that we replace all of the blogs and photo galleries on this site with downloadable mp3s. Instead of doctor's using video, the new mark of distinction will be high definition sound recordings.

I suppose GnSville has really proven himself to be a convincing and reputable poster. I'm sure that any intelligent person reading his comments will find that his/her writing speaks for itself.

I need to cut this short now... I need to go find a new dentist, as I am fed up with my regular one's lack of musical ability.

Wow, as much as I want this back and forth battle to stop...I must say that was one of the funnier posts I have ever read.

Phil_Harmonic - I couldn't even have told you what they used to dissect the grafts. I just sat in my chair and enjoyed the drugs. They dissected the grafts elsewhere. I had no idea about hair transplants. I just did what the Doctor told me to do. I mean he passed medical school and already performed over 10,000 procedures (this was in 2004) so I should trust him right? Well anyways I wish I had an answer for you but I don't.

Originally posted by Ceasar08:

On top of that yes! the "jingle" is catchy, it is more professional than being a member of this forum !

I suppose this makes tons of sense. Instead of posting comprehensive photos for the world to see, allowing yourself to be evaluated by your esteemed peers, and offering access to your clinic with complete transparency to a community of educated and conscientious patients... why not just write a fun little jingle instead? Jingles are very "professional" in the medical profession,and they have long been considered the most impressive way of demonstrating a doctor's competency and credibility.

A friend of mine needs open heart surgery, and he is desperately trying to determine which doctor out there has the best jingle. I've been helping him. You wouldn't believe how many guys out there have offered to perform surgery on him who have given us the run around when asked if we can hear their jingle.

Billo -- let me suggest that we replace all of the blogs and photo galleries on this site with downloadable mp3s. Instead of doctor's using video, the new mark of distinction will be high definition sound recordings.

I suppose GnSville has really proven himself to be a convincing and reputable poster. I'm sure that any intelligent person reading his comments will find that his/her writing speaks for itself.

I need to cut this short now... I need to go find a new dentist, as I am fed up with my regular one's lack of musical ability.

I am 10 days from my 1 year anniversary as a HTN member and I must say that this definatly makes my top 3 list of greatest posts

I can't believe that this argument is still not over, I was under the impression that this site was here to help those still trying to decide which doctor to go to, instead it seems that if the doctor used,as in my case L. Shapiro who is not part of this "network" I might as well prepare for a fight, I understand that the site has to be careful as to what to believe but it's ok to bash as long as you have been a member for a long time,even though no real proof of any work or wrong doing has been established, I took the advise of other posters to the site and submitted pictures, just to be questioned even further, my regular job pays well enough for me to pay for a procedure that I do not consider optional, Dr Shapiro, is not my employer, he has never paid me to promote him, and I have never received any type of compensation for mentioning him on this site, if he did, I understand that I would have disclose that fact, all I know is that I am very happy with the work he performed and am more than happy to recommend him to anyone, now if you choose someone else and it works out, more power to you, had it not worked out for me I would be posting complaints everywhere to put the word out there to not go to him.

Originally posted by sh3sw:

had it not worked out for me I would be posting complaints everywhere to put the word out there to not go to him.

Glad you can see where I am coming from then icon_smile.gif

Congrats on your results though

I think its time we put this (these) threads to rest

temper, temper...just stating a simple fact, I have seen many blogs where people unhappy with just about anything can express their feelings and don't limit themselves to one place, granted this forum is great but there are many out there where you can complain about anything.

temper temper? Sorry bud I just think your remark was a bit unnecesary. I am well aware of the fact that there are other sites out there.

For the most part I stick to this site because of its transparency. I also think the organization and moderation is far superior to the others. Yes, I visit them occasionally and make a comment here and there.

Can we drop this subject or do you need to add anymore witty remarks?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm sorry to say that I had a procedure with Dr. Shapiro and allthough his staff was very nice to me- in my opinion the results were at best....poor. He uses old fashion loops to cut the grafts and they do three and four procedures a the same time. His scars on my head are not good at all.

Kris Johnson at Atlantis Hair (again in South Florida) is also somebody you should stay away from in my opinion. Again the staff was very nice........they are all nice however getting good results from a lot of these guys is tough.

I see now Atlantis is advertising $1.49 per graft while others are as high as $5 or $10 dollars.......makes you wonder.

I feel for you, John. Everytime I see his name brought up, or hear his radio jingle played, I get a gnawing ache in the pit of my stomach. I went to him for a repair, can you imagine? Do you care to post any photos to get some feedback?

Freakin

Edited by freakin