Dr Pathomvanich past patients

mi$$ionHAIR

Mich - thanks for your post. I guess you are right at pointing out that uncertainty remains my biggest issue. Obviously, a lot of people have reassured me on various fronts - and I am yet to hear a sorry story about Dr. Path (touchwood). But as with any medical procedure, you keep worrying about anything that might go wrong.

However, I have taken a small step towards making a commitment to HT. I have booked 3rd May as the day of surgery with Dr. Path. My issues at work are more or less resolved and god-willing, in exactly two months from today I will be on my way to Bangkok.

I plan to arrive in Bangkok on 1st May and leave only after having the stitches removed on 7/8th May. Can someone help me with the following queries

1.<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Is it recommended for me to rest & stay indoors post-surgery (till removal of stitches), or can I go around and see Bangkok/ Thailand?</span>. I ask this question because I have read about a number of people who went around holidaying in Phuket etc, and an equal set who just hung around in their hotel. What does the doctor recommend?

2. How close to Dr. Path's clinic should one stay for the first two days post-surgery. Dr Path's team have recommended some hotels - but whatever little I have been able to gather on the internet about them, they seem to be totally out-of-the-way for any touristy stuff. However, this questions is pretty irrelevant if one is advised to stay in his hotel room for the first week post surgery.

My Hair Loss Website

Estimate the number of grafts I need

hi misionhair

I do understand your concerns- and can assure you its natural- I certainly don't mean to make light of the effort it takes to decide to go forward as its not a simple decision-and your questions are a natural part of the process- I can tell you though, because i've been there- that you shouldn't worry yourself- because the procedure is safe- expertly performed and not invasive.

to answer your questions

1. I left the surgery- after my procedure walked back to my hotel- bought a few music CDs on the way back to my hotel -checked my head -as is per usual- it looked ok- I went across the road from the hotel - grabbed a coffee- read the paper -I felt fine in fact I felt pretty damn pleased with myself

Later I had dinner in the hotel restaurant then went back to my room and watched a DVD id bought- my head felt a little sore- and tight, but there was no aching or throbbing pain- I took the sleeping pills and pain meds- although I didn't really need them- and fell asleep and slept all night.

The next morning I returned to the surgery- had the sutures examined- my hair gently washed- and was given instructions of how to wash my hair with baby shampoo- for the next week.

I wore a cap which mostly covered the band that is left around the head to prevent any potential swelling. In hindsight a slightly bigger cap - or even hat would have covered it completely-so you could always have one packed.

I didn't experience any swelling though - but complied with wearing the band for the next few days. I returned to my hotel ... I have to say that I became fairly quickly bored-

I guess its natural to keep checking - the grafts - and feeling the sutures on the donor site - but you do fairly quickly- get over that

So wearing my cap- I left the hotel - jumped on the sky train and went to Siam station- To my knowledge- no one noticed anything- from the hotel staff to commuters to shoppers- your just another person in Bangkok- and what's unusual about wearing a cap?

Around Siam station ( 5-10 mins away) there are some big shopping plaza's- that the train station walking platform directly links to. I looked around- bought a few things and later returned to my hotel.

There was a net cafe nearby so I spent a little time surfing the various hotels around an area id previously stayed in

The next day I decided to leave the hotel and relocate at a hotel a little more central and more tourist orientated- This was easy- as there are so many hotels in bangkok-

I think its really up to the individual- of what you do post op- I felt fine and didn't see any need to hang around my hotel- as once you've had your hair washed and the wound checked- you then don't return until the sutures are removed-

I would have gone a little stir crazy just sitting around when there was no need

I stayed at a hotel called My House which was across the highway from the surgery about .5 km away- easy walk. I paid 800 baht per night which is very good- the room was big - clean and there was a good restaurant downstairs where I could have dinner and breakfast. Unfortunately it closed a few days after I left - to make way for condominiums.

I would chose one of Dr Pats staff recommendations or recently I was told by a future scheduled patient with DR Path of his research in finding a hotel called The Loft- which looks good, includes breakfast -and at 1200 baht-seems to be very good value.

It may be in your interests to just make a 3 night booking-at a hotel reasonably close by- where you can walk to the surgery or take a cab

one night for when you arrive- the night after surgery- and a final night the following day if you need it. That would give you ample time to check other hotels- become familiar with the Sky train stations and nearby hotels.

I can assure you its not difficult- I had no idea of the sky train system when I arrived- I had previously stayed around Nana station which has many hotels -offering cheap to expensive rates.

When I left thats where I headed- I found a good hotel- meet lots of fellow tourists, travellers and really enjoyed the remainder of my stay.

If you have a week- im happy to recommend sites around Bangkok- I can send this as a private mail through the forum to avoid this response trailing on endlessly - which may bore others

Im sure other past patients would have lots of suggestions too.

overall I really don't think you'll find you need or want -to sit around in your hotel- bangkok is a great city - very easy to explore

Good for you for taking the next step- and resolving your work issues-

I can assure you - in 2 months time when your surgery is done- you'll feel great- and will understand what a lot of Dr Paths patients have been sharing on this forum for a fair while now that there really is little to worry about- and that the experience will give you back more than just a better looking scalp

best wishes- and if I can assist any further -by all means fire me any question

hi mich, my surgery is scheduled in may and its due to nice and friendly fellow mpb fighters sharing experiences that give others the confidence icon_smile.gif

wish me luck!

oh yah did dr pat shave off any part of ur existing hair??

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

good luck wb280-

all will be fine though - great choice

good question- one which I forgot to ask the clinic leading up to my booking. initially the doctors assistant mentioned it would be easier to shave some areas -where I had hair to transplant the grafts.

I didnt want that at all- Dr Path said it wasnt an issue - but it would take a little longer to transplant- about 30 mins- I hour I think. I didnt notice as I was drifting in and out of sleep most of the time

so you have the choice- I chose to avoid shaving some areas - as I was concerned it may make my hair look uneven- as id kept it longer as instructed before the procedure

I had a hair cut one month after the procedure-

no grafts detected by that time as the small hairs had long fallen out -grafts fine though under the skin

enjoy the journey-

best wishes

• 3 weeks later...

Guys

As my date approaches, I have updated my hair-blog with latest pics. These can be accessed at

http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...opyID=5276&WebID=953

I am looking for advice on the number of grafts, kind of coverage and hairline that I should go for. Grateful if ppl can give their inputs.

My Hair Loss Website

Estimate the number of grafts I need