1rst Time Posting and seek advice

donald1

Hello my name is Donald and I do not know who to trust for a FUE operation within my price range.

I hate to sound cheap, I am just not that economically privileged. After selling most of my material goods (television, computer...etc) I have about $2,500 I can spend towards the operation itself. I have allocated $800 for flight/hotel/transportation costs. So I have about $3,300 to make this happen for myself. I live in San Francisco California and thought about possibilities in Turkey and Mexico after reading other peoples posts.

I have attached pictures of my current hairline and my desired hairline (if its even a possibility because of my budget) . I am currently a full time student going to school Monday through Friday, morning til evening so I was thinking about a weekend project or 3 day weekend by taking either a friday or monday off.

I do not know what other information is needed from me but I am very serious so any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

I should note, I am now 27 years old. Tall White/European American Male

Also I have inquired already with 3 different surgeons in USA, Turkey and Mexico, all of them quoting me with a different yield.

One says 1,000 grafts is enough, another 1500 and another 2300?....i wonder why the dramatic difference in recommended amount of hair needed to be transplanted. From the way my hair is at present (attached picture) what does this community think?

5b32dd5f375f1_00-NoFinasteride.jpg.f7d16c19019a444482e6484a5c3f338d.jpg

5b32dd5f5ac10_02-OldHairlinecopy.jpg.d7e43fde63118148574977aef3a91b4e.jpg

Edited by donald1
putting more info

Hi,

Looking at your vertex it looks like you may be thinning there as well - but it is difficult to tell with the shorter hair.

A HT is not something which should be done on such a limited budget. You can get a balance between quality and price - but with that budget it will likely be low quality.

How long have you been on the finasteride? Perhaps see how things go for a year or two and when you are out if school and can (hopefully) afford more rethink the HT?

Thank you for your input.

I have been using finasteride since nov. 2, 2013.

Almost 4 months this coming march.

Maybe ill grow my hair out a bit longer and retake some photos

So you can get a better idea. I am always wearing baseball caps

And beeniea now.

Thanks again

Hi,

I'd give finasteride a lot longer to work- it took 4-5 months for my loss to stop and another 6 months before I noticed any areas filling back in. Most reputable surgeons want you on the meds for a good while before they will access you for ht work. And that'll give you a lot longer to explore your options and save up some more cash! Turkey may be your best option on a limited budget for quality and price! 1000 grafts seems too low, send clear photos to the top clinics and you'll get a more realistic graft count. In my case all the decent surgeons were within 200 grafts of each other, including those I couldn't see in person but just sent photos.

Donald,

The pricing in Turkey (from surgeons like Dr. Doganay and Dr. Erdogan) is very reasonable. However, "price shopping" hair transplant surgery is rarely a good idea. While you could end up in capable hands, like the Turkish surgeons listed above, you may also end up with a sub-par result and end up spending more money in additional procedures down the road. I also recommend taking a step back and completing some more research and consultations. Most members will probably agree with the idea that patience and research often correlates to quality results.

If you have any additional questions or need help with anything, please don't hesitate to ask. Good luck.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.