Has anyone heard of the "Nokor Microslit technique?"

I'm researching docs, and apparently this technique was one of this docs innovations, but I can't find anything about what it IS, or if it's still a relevent technique.

Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

It may just be an instrument that uses an attached blade to create the recipient site rather then using needles. I may be wrong about this being a patented instrument, more of an educated guess.

This type of instrument allows for less overall trauma within the recipient site and as a consequence, allows for the recipient incisions to be made closer in proximity to one another when making lateral or coronal incisions.

This approach is called dense-packing and been around for years now...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Yes, many times it's a more marketing driven/motive to create interest or to separate a clinic from the rest. Some surgeons register a patent label for their FUE (technique) to again separate one clinic from another. What is in discussion may very well be an approach (technique) and not an instrument.

Tooling can be different. It's more the tooling or instrumentation that has some variance for creating the recipient sites. So if the tooling provides the surgeon more control in angulation, depth, and trauma level, they may have some merit to what is or was traditionally used.

Yet many of these various tools and instruments are blade based so in the end, they pretty much end up doing the same thing which is creating the recipient site where the grafts are placed.

Each and every tool can be evaluated for any merits or advantages from one another. And if there is some added benefit, then that's a plus for the patient. This includes tooling for harvesting methods of various isolation extraction techniques which we commonly call FUE, (follicular unit extraction).

I remember some years ago when Dr. Jim Harris began incorporating and developing dermal depth analysis for his extraction punches. This development aided greatly in minimizing transection rates since all FUE punches must reach below the epidermis level where the FUs are hidden from the naked eye.

When FUE hit North America, most of the extraction punches were large and pretty much very basic in their design and operation. They have come a long way since then...:)

So there could potentially be some merit to the tool in discussion for which I am not aware or have not yet researched. Then again, it may be just another way to bring patients through the front door.

Usually, when there is a new development in tooling, it is introduced and clinically demonstrated/discussed at many of the industry related association/society meetings like the ISHRS, etc. But it is many times a tool in the making, meaning, ongoing empirical trails and clinical data/evidence to support the claims being introduced.

Otherwise talk is just talk and patented labels are just labels...:rolleyes:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY