Day 8. Funny "popping" sensation in scalp woke me up from my sleep

It is 3:00 AM (night/early morning) of what is to be my Day 8 (5000 grafts, FUT, surgery done on Monday 2/3/14).

I was sleeping when I suddenly felt this "popping" sensation on my scalp and it went from the mid to the back in a chain reaction of sorts. It was not throughout all of the scalp... just the left side in the implanted area. I immediately ran to the bathroom to take a look... I didn't see any bleeding or anything out of the ordinary. Still hundreds of scabs on my head ( with the crusting)... that I plan to run my first "attack run" on later today in the shower after soaking them for 20 minutes. This would be the first day of doing that as advised by my doctor. I have not done anything to the implanted area either... picked, touched or tried taking the scab off. I always wear the provided surgical cap when I am outside home commuting ( which has only been to the clinic for the hair cleaning/wash).

I went through the forums a bit and could not find any thing. Once again it was a "popping" sensation like a soda fizz. I suspect that some of my crusting or something else that was under tension on the scalp may have cracked since my scalp may have stretched a bit when I was sleeping.

What do you guys think? I hope it is nothing serious or something that may have compromised any promising results.

Edited by patient0101

It was the left side of my head from the front where I had this sensation. So in the pictures attached above, it would be the area towards the RIGHT of the pictures. The sensation went from the mid-front of my head to the mid-back. Hence in the picture... it would be from the bottom towards the top.

I hope for prompt replies. Thank you.

There's a lot of scabbing and I'm no expert but I'd imagine your head will be shrinking after the expansion for the ht and it was probably scabs separating slightly!!! No blood means no graft loss is imagine, try not to worry, I know it's very difficult not to!! Have u been spraying the area post op or wasn't that part of your pre op instructions?? Iv never heard of doing nothing to the recip area, usually u use a spray and or a cream/aloe Vera! Who was your dr?

There's a lot of scabbing and I'm no expert but I'd imagine your head will be shrinking after the expansion for the ht and it was probably scabs separating slightly!!! No blood means no graft loss is imagine, try not to worry, I know it's very difficult not to!! Have u been spraying the area post op or wasn't that part of your pre op instructions?? Iv never heard of doing nothing to the recip area, usually u use a spray and or a cream/aloe Vera! Who was your dr?

I didn't do it myself. I went to the clinic and they washed my scalp for me by gently running water and dabbing shampoo and rinse. Ointment was regularly applied to the stitching area. This was done for multiple ( if not all) days post op.

Won't worry then m8, if that's what the clinic do then just stick with what they say, don't worry about the popping, your scalp has been manipulated , stretched and cut I'm sure everything is fine!! Happy growing!

Thanks... not too worried. I think my scalp does feel "looser" than before haha. No other events happened since... thank for answering.