upcoming 1500 FUE @ HDC Medical

ws7

Hi all,

I am about to get a 1,500 FUE hair transplant at HDC Medical in Cyprus and wondering if anyone has any tips on what to expect before and after, what kind of questions to ask, and especially any tips on the post-op care, as this really worries me.

Here are some stats on me and what I am getting done:

Hairloss: Losing/thinning hair on my crown (see pic attached...if it uploads)

Hair Colour: Black hair slightly wavy

Technique: FUE

Number of Grafts: 1,500

Area to be covered: 8cm diameter on crown

Sessions: 2 sessions over 2 days

Other Info: Not having the recipient area shaved

HDC have been really good so far, especially their Rep Alex. But to be honest I am very nervous about having the surgery done abroad, as I live in the UK and have never had any kind of surgery done abroad, also because my hair is long at the moment, worried about ending up with a patchy transplant as my longer hair may be hiding some of the thin areas around the crown.

Also I am concerned about the post-op care, as it seems really complicated.

Anyways I would appreciate any tips on what to expect, and also some pointers on what to ask and what to look out for.

Thanks again.

Ws7

IMG_1155_copy.jpg.473c8376e4adcc3860a415274fc0852d.jpg

hi guys,

I am really concerned about shockloss, I read on one of the forums that I could end up with less hair than I started with! my HT is next week, maybe its just pre op nerves but am quite stressed, coz I have thin miniturized hair on the crown and apparantely that is the most vulnerable to shock loss. Am I stressing without reason?

Shockloss is a risk in underoging a ht.

The good news is that your age is outside the high risk age range (20's)......

I would also make sure u take finasterside before and after....I have read it drastically reduces the risk of shock loss.

I have really liked all of the work I've seen from this clinic. 1500 grafts is a pretty safe number for fue, too. Regarding shockloss: it's always a risk, but there are many guys who have had hts into diffuse thinning areas (myself included) and been fine. If you do experience shockloss it will likely be hair that would have fallen out eventually anyway. A lot of times docs will compensate for potential shockloss by transplanting high density into that area. Worst case scenario you might need a second pass, but I wouldn't be overly concerned, especially considering it's your crown only and not your hairline. Best of luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

hi guys,

thanks so much for your replies, and I am happy I have made a good choice with HDC Medical, fingers crossed it all goes well.

I am not expecting a full head of hair on my crown just enough so it doesnt look like I am covering up a bald patch.

I am excited and nervous, about next week