Is my HT Cobblestoning? (Pics)

SilverScreen

Hello everyone,

I'm 7 months post FUT transplant, and just in the last few weeks I started noticing my recipient area having a bumpy appearance. I'm so distressed about it because it's very noticeable when I pull my hair back into a ponytail and out in the sun. I hope it's not permanent cobblestone scarring but everything I've read points to it. I just thought that the HT method used on me was supposed to have very low risks for that. I've contacted my surgeon but he takes a few days to respond. I'm very worried and I wanted to see what everyone thought this might be.

image.jpg.34d37496b3e2f7a0352078710fddfca3.jpg

It's hard to say since your photos have your hair pulled back. Is the same effect present when your hair is not pulled back? Regardless, you shouldn't judge anything at this point. The scalp takes time to heal and even though you've got hair growing the scalp tissue itself takes time to settle down and flatten out.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

It's hard to say since your photos have your hair pulled back. Is the same effect present when your hair is not pulled back? Regardless, you shouldn't judge anything at this point. The scalp takes time to heal and even though you've got hair growing the scalp tissue itself takes time to settle down and flatten out.

Jotronic, thanks very much for your reply.

Yes, it's still the same when my hair isn't pulled back, I just wanted to give as much visibility as possible... My concern is that I'm at the 7 month mark and I just noticed them within the last month. I keep reading that scarring usually starts to set in around this time if you're going to get any. My scalp was fine before, I didn't get bumps or pimples, and just had one minor cyst that seemed to resolve itself early on.

You do think it's possible that I'm going through another phase of healing, and they may not be permanent scars?