When to sleep normally?

m0dthispny

I'm at day 9 post op and wondering when I can sleep normally and not have to sleep on my back using a neck pillow. My natural sleeping position is either on my side or on my stomach with my head to the side, so there will definitely be contact between my recipient area and pillow.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

M0d,

By day 10, the grafts should be fully anchored and you can sleep normally after your FUE procedure. However, I would double check with your physician.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I'm at day 6 post op and have already been sleeping normally even 2-3 days ago in Istanbul. It felt a little weird when I did not use the neck pillow but I used this pillow cover they gave me to put on the pillow, to prevent any blood stains even though you shouldn't have any blood in the donor area after day 1-2, maybe only dried blood. My donor area is healing very nicely, it almost blending entirely and I know it takes about 2-3 weeks to fade so it's doing pretty good and i'm sleeping on normal positions. One thing I haven't done is sleep face down.