Graft question

Hi guys

3 days ago I had a fue touch up performed by dr Feriduni

A great and very talented surgeon!!

I will do a write up on the procedure shortly !

A quick question, iv been massaging my forehead up and down trying to move the fluid today and have noticed at the very front a hair which has what looks like the bulb on the bottom showing! It looks like you see in after photos of bisanga and Lorenzo where a white bulb seems to be on the surface. All the other hairs aren't like that so I was wondering if it is possible

A) iv dislodged it my massaging up my for head from pressure

B) just wasn't pushed in enough

C) should be fine anyway as some surgeons look like this afterwards!

Note: absolutely no blood at all!!

Is it ok to massage your forehead if you don't touch your hair or can that cause the grafts to push out??

Any replies greatly appreciated!!

No it's only today iv noticed it and he won't be available today as the clinic is shit on a Saturday ! There's not a lot he could do anyway as I'm back in the uk now! Was just wondering if it's possible, just paranoid I guess as I don't think by the 4 th day you could dislodge a graft without touching it or if it did come out I'd imagine it would bleed?? I doesn't say anywhere that massaging the forehead can cause any problems or could dislodge a graft just says don't massage the grafts themselves yet!! What do you think? Have you heard otherwise?

Normally, grafts bleed when dislodged. It is possible, however, that you did gently dislodge it while massaging. It is also possible that it simply "popped out." This could have occurred because it was placed a bit too superficial or because of the scalp manipulation. Unfortunately, only Dr. Feriduni can review your scalp and provide an accurate answer. Luckily, it seems like it was only one follicular unit graft, which will not make a cosmetic difference in the end.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you get the chance to speak with Dr. Feriduni.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Blake, thanks for the reply!

I will email dr Feriduni on Monday to ask, it looks exactly like dr Lorenzo's grafts look like when first placed where the white bulb stays above the skin, iv noticed that all the grafts he places look like that. What would the difference be with this graft? What's the difference between when the bulb is placed below skin to where it is visible ?? Iv often wondered as dr bisanga seems to also place grafts with the white bit showing?? Thanks again!

Hair,

I think it's because he places his grafts with the Lion implanter pen. It's not the bulb, it's more of a "collar" of tissue shaped by the implanter pen and implantion process. I suppose it could be a bit of a tissue collar, and not a dislodged graft as well. Glad you're going to speak with him on Monday. Keep us updated!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.