Pre op Dandruff, major hairloss during washing

Hey,

I recently had hair transplant surgery but the consultant noticed I had a lot of dandruff before going into the surgery, he told me the reason I have dandruff (even though I wash my hair every day) is because I don't rub my scalp. (I lose a lot of hair if I rub my scalp)

Anyway before the hair transplant I washed my hair very, very, very vigorously with Head and Shoulders to make sure all of the dandruff was washed away before the hair transplant. But as I dried my hair I noticed I had lost A LOT of hair during the time I washed my hair, in fact I had lost so much that the sink was blocked because of the amount of the hair stuck in the drain. The amount of hair I lost was a small handfuls worth, this really concerned me.

My question is this: Will the hair I lost during the vigorous washing process ever come back? Or is the hair I lost most likely affected by DHT and would have fallen out sooner or later?

Thanks

I had the same problem with dandruff...try a shampoo called Polytar AF. Or if you live in the U.S. you can buy T-Gel shampoo made by Nuetragena. Both are very effective for clearing up dandruff / sebehorric dermatitis.

My Hair Loss Website - HT with Dr. Hasson

Thanks for the info fingers crossed but I'm not worried about the dandruff, I know I can get rid of this.

My concern is that I may have permanently lost hair while washing my hair vigorously. Spex seems to think that the hair I lost while washing my vigorously will come back as long as it is not affected by DHT. Which is great to know. But I think I may have lost the hair permanently because if you wash your hair with a lot of force the roots may come out and therefore the hair might not regrow. What are your thoughts on this?

I don't think the hair will have been permanently lost. It just makes the hairs brittle. I have suffered from a dry scalp condition for a few years and this happened a lot until I got it under control 2 years ago.

Try a tar based shampoo, or salicylic acid. Make sure you rotate shampoo's every three months otherwise you will become resistant to it.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here: