back to normal sleeping habits after staples come out?

Hello all,

11,days tomorrow and I'm getting my staples out. I'd like to know opinions on optimum sleeping conditions post transplant staple removal. I need to start sleeping again but I also want to make sure that I do the best thing for the grafts and making sure I do not jeopardize them in anyway.

I know many drs have different post removal schedules, I'd like to hear yours as well as about brushing and using gels etc etc. I kept all my hair so it would hide the transplant and I usually blow dry daily and use mousse or gel. HVe not done anything since surgery but need to slowly get back to normal.

Thanks for feedback

I love your post about sleep!! You must be a truck driver..lol and just kidding!!

Seriously…the grafts are secure and fine after 11 days…however, if you are like me, you will still be nervous about sleeping and rolling on the 15k dollar job!! Its just normal, but sleep is probably not gonna be good unless you can just get over the fear…but the grafts are fine!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

I would avoid the gels and also only use the hairdryer on cold or cool temperature on the non-transplanted area.

Go conservative and try to hold out longer if you can on these.

After the staples out is a big hurdle and you should sleep better for sure.

I would only worry about the temple points regarding tossing and turning, after 11 days should be good to go (but try to do what you can to not sleep directly on the grafted area)

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)