Suggested hairstyle after HT

Even with a perfect result and a second surgery, with my level of initial hair loss, I don't really expect a wild head of hair. Also I really have no experience with hair styling as the last time I could do that was 15 years ago :/ So what hairstyle do you guys suggest for thin hair?

Here is something I read recently from a surgeon - can't remember who: Hair is deliberately transplanted at lower than naturally-occurring densities and so we depend on some illusion to make it look fuller than it actually is. Transplanted hair will always look fuller when 2-3 inches long, dry, separated, and styled to layer like shingles on a roof. It will always look thinner when cut short, spiked up, parted through, wet or clumped with product.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

This is what I used before my HT.

http://www.amazon.com/California-Hair-Play-Molding-Health/dp/B000FP7ZLM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1390597675&sr=8-2&keywords=kms+hairplay

It's light and with just the right amount it will 'thicken' up your hair. Too much and it will flatten it. As for style, when my HT surgeon first met me he said he was glad to see the way I styled my hair because it was pushed to the side and forward. It was a clever combover basically. You have to play with your hair, muss it up a bit so it layers up.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Using any type of pomade will help with styling and styling is a requirment when trying to make your hair look it's fullest. I put styling product into my hair once it has air dried or blow dryed out of the shower, then I brush it all back. I let the product dry and then I brush my hair back to increase volume, then I brush it to the side to set the styling in place.

I find using a brush works better than a comb

Here's a sort of 'shingled' look - this patient was at 6 months when he took these photos but it's the general idea.

Hair Restoration Journal for dude - 6 Months (addl)

Thanks! I hope to get to his density some day :/ but yes, when I make it like that it looks much denser, if a little messy. So many hours ahead of me to experiment in front of the mirror... :)