4-6 Month Post Op Most Stressful Period

Cant decide

I have to say, by far the most stressful time for a HT is the 4-6 month period. Yes, the 1-3 month ugly duckling phase is horrible but you just have to get through it. 4-6 months is where that initial pop of growth is supposed to happen and in many cases the 6 month point is where you can basically tell if you have a good HT on your hands or not. Of course, there is much improvement to be made from 6-12 months but if one does not see that good growth by 6 months, then the stress sets in. Luckily, I am in good shape at 5.5 months. I feel like I am already at about 60% but hoping for more density to come in. The last week alone, I feel like I made a nice step forward. So its 17 days until my 6 month point which I believe I will be in good shape and right on track. I remember my first HT at 6 months, I was basically happy even if no more grew and I think that I will feel the same with this one at 6 months but then that nice pop comes at 8 months (As it did with my first), so I am really looking forward to that.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I have to say, by far the most stressful time for a HT is the 4-6 month period. Yes, the 1-3 month ugly duckling phase is horrible but you just have to get through it. 4-6 months is where that initial pop of growth is supposed to happen and in many cases the 6 month point is where you can basically tell if you have a good HT on your hands or not. Of course, there is much improvement to be made from 6-12 months but if one does not see that good growth by 6 months, then the stress sets in. Luckily, I am in good shape at 5.5 months. I feel like I am already at about 60% but hoping for more density to come in. The last week alone, I feel like I made a nice step forward. So its 17 days until my 6 month point which I believe I will be in good shape and right on track. I remember my first HT at 6 months, I was basically happy even if no more grew and I think that I will feel the same with this one at 6 months but then that nice pop comes at 8 months (As it did with my first), so I am really looking forward to that.

I agree, I had a similar experience from my first HT, months 1-3 were tough even though i had early growth, i started to doubt things from month 4-6, thinking it was thin under certain lighting etc. Then it started to mature, I feel my hair has continued to mature up until now where im at 14 months post HT number 1.

You really need to go into HTs mentally strong and have a tonne of patience, It sure is a long long road! Im almost 2 months out from a crown procedure and mentally ive convinced myself that this is gonna take up to 18 months to grow and fully mature!

Look forward to seeing your 6 month update, you have kicked some serious norwood 6 butt, really happy for you :D

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

I enjoyed reading your post, Cant decide. It's hard to focus when you have expectations that can consume your thoughts. You have the right mentality to maintain a healthy stress level. Seems like the stress can fall away when you process your inner thoughts in a positive manner such as this. I hope that each day gets better and better for you. You should be looking fantastic by the time that things begin warming up outside.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I'm 2 months out and if the 4-6 month mark is the most depressing, I'm screwed. ;)

Not the most depressing, just the most stressful IMO. But if all goes as planned, its also very exciting at the same time :)

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

I echo the sentiments posted here. Wish I'd seen a post like this during the first six months after my HT. It's the one part of the process that caught me off guard. You're are so right...it is a difficult time mentally. I kept telling myself over and over to not draw any conclusions for at least a year but expectations were always looming in the back of my mind. There are definitely some mental gymnastics involved in the HT journey!

The growth stage is strange in many ways. It really does come in "fits and starts" or "Waves". If you think about what is actually happening, it makes sense. It can look one way and then just a few days later, you notice a significant jump. This happened to me just this week.

I agree that no final conclusions should be drawn for a year but man oh man is that 6 month point critical to the overall process and a patients sanity.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts