I hit my head month after transplant, lump on the head

Hi! I'm new to the forum:)

I have this issue..

About month after hair transplant I hit my head relatively hard, but no bleeding. Now it's been almost two months since I hit my head and the lump has not gone away. It has changed it's shape a bit but it is still there and it is as big as it was to begin with.

I contacted my hair transplant surgeon and she said that damages on the scalp can heal very slowly. Also she said that it is very unlikely that any transplanted hair would be damaged, but we will see in 6 months when we meet to see the transplant results.

Almost two months since I hit my head and the swelling is still there? Makes me think that something could be wrong, and what if it never recovers? I might go to a doctor with this. Hair or not, I don't want to live with a lump on my temple hairline..

What do you think? Ever heard of anything like this?

Also the red dots from transplant surgery took forever to heal, only now they start to look rather normal after 2,5 months. I don't know if this is rare too, or if this is connected.

Thanks for any answers in advance.

If it were me, I would go see my family doctor and let them examine it firsthand (I traveled for my HT). If there were any concerns that needed further medical treatment, then I would consult my HT surgeon before I proceeded. I had an abrasion on my scalp after my HT in the donor area and I consulted both my family doc and my HT surgeon - they both recommended the same thing.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Augustya I'm just worried. Thank you for the answers. I got a doctor's appointment for tomorrow to check it out.

Just a moment ago I was touching the lump and felt a tiny spot, like a super small pimple that felt like it was ready to come off so I rubbed it off. I looked at it and it had hair on it. It kinda looked like the scabs with hair that were shed on the early phase. Now I wonder if this white part is just dead skin or did I lose a graft..

I never shed most of my transplanted hair. It just sticked there and seems to be even growing. But I'm worried that this lump might mean that my body is rejecting the grafts for whatever reason... Now I even lost a graft of hair on the lump, hard to think this would be a coincidence.

Anyway, doctor tomorrow!

Your body is not rejecting grafts. Sounds like maybe you had a pimple that wasn't taken care of and there was build up under the surface, possibly in the form of hair that was ready to shed and had nowhere to go because there was no natural pore. I put warm compresses on any that appear and they go away in a few days. Whatever treatment your family doc suggests, if any, run it by your HT surgeon first. A lot of GPs don't have experience with hair transplants.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018