What is Shock Loss?

Hello,

I had an HT this past Tuesday 23rd.

To be honest I never got a red or pink scalp. in fact it does not even bother me, a little numb the first two days but thats it. and it does get still get itchy here and there.

I see all the scabs, and there are grafts that I have seen 2 days after the HT that had no scabs. In fact yesterday i took the camera from my PC and zoomed it in real close and I can really see the grafts and no scabs on alot of them. Dr. Epstein must of did a really good job placing the grafts.

But, my real question is what is shock loos,

The grafts hair failing out,

or is it the hairs you had around the grafts that fall out?

Thanks

Hello,

I had an HT this past Tuesday 23rd.

To be honest I never got a red or pink scalp. in fact it does not even bother me, a little numb the first two days but thats it. and it does get still get itchy here and there.

I see all the scabs, and there are grafts that I have seen 2 days after the HT that had no scabs. In fact yesterday i took the camera from my PC and zoomed it in real close and I can really see the grafts and no scabs on alot of them. Dr. Epstein must of did a really good job placing the grafts.

But, my real question is what is shock loos,

The grafts hair failing out,

or is it the hairs you had around the grafts that fall out?

Thanks

Shock loss is different than shedding. Shedding is when your new HT hairs fall out in 2-3 weeks and go dormant for around 12 weeks before growing agian.

Shock loss, is when after a HT your orginal hair around the HT hair as well in the donor area around the incision falls out due to trauma from the surgery. This also, usually grows back in 3 months. 99% of shockloss grows back-- at least that has been my personal experience.