Are new shoots/hairs easy to spot after hair transplant

Hi guys .

I hads a transplant done by dr demirsoy around 5 months ago .

There is another thread if anyone interested

my question is are new hairs easy to spot .

Im doing the usual worrying and looking to see if new hairs are emerging.

My problem is i dont seem to easily see any yet my hair seems to be improving as we go along.

Any of you guys have a similar story ?

I should know better and sit it out as been here before but did expect to easily see new shoots coming through.

Ding,

If you had hairs implanted around existing hairs, it will likely be difficult to truly individually isolate the new hairs and really track growth. This is especially true if you experienced any sort of shock loss in the recipient region and experienced re-growth of "shocked" hairs during the same period. To make it even more difficult, the newly implanted follicles will grow thin, wispy hairs - which are difficult to visualize - for the first 3-6 months as well. Because of this, it's probably not too concerning that you can't really "pick out" the newly growing hairs. Remember that the entire process takes 12 months and is varies between different patients.

Good luck! Hope this helps.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.