Rogaine foam once a day, morning or evening?

hairgainer

Hey everyone! I just had a 3500 graft fue HT 3 weeks ago and Im going to start using rogaine foam once a day to maintain my existing hair. The reason why I want to use it once a day is because of the side effects and I think that Its enough to maintain my existing hair and accelerate the regrowth of the transplanted hair.

So, my question is: How is the best way to apply it? In the morning or in the evening? I take a shower in the evening everyday after my workout.

I've heard people saying that It's not that good applying it before bed because you can get the substance in the face while rubbing the head against the pillow.

Thank you for your answers!:)

What side effects are you worried about? Also minoxidil works as a growth stimulator, it isn't going to do much for maintaining your existing hair. Finasteride is really the only medication that can help maintain your hair.

Since its a growth stimulator I guess it helps my hair from getting thinner and falling out? :P. I read in many posts that it can cause wrinkles around the eyes and the forehead.

Since its a growth stimulator I guess it helps my hair from getting thinner and falling out? :P. I read in many posts that it can cause wrinkles around the eyes and the forehead.

That is true Minoxidil has been found to inhibit gene expression of the enzyme lysyl hydroxylase which is involved in the production of collagen, so it can increase wrinkles and skin aging. However I'm not sure to what extent, all of the studies I have seen are cell based and molecular in nature, I have not seen any studies focused on the formation of wrinkles.

I have heard people claim maintenance with minox alone, I just don't see how it's possible without an androgen blocker. I guess it's better than nothing though.

That is true Minoxidil has been found to inhibit gene expression of the enzyme lysyl hydroxylase which is involved in the production of collagen, so it can increase wrinkles and skin aging. However I'm not sure to what extent, all of the studies I have seen are cell based and molecular in nature, I have not seen any studies focused on the formation of wrinkles.

I have heard people claim maintenance with minox alone, I just don't see how it's possible without an androgen blocker. I guess it's better than nothing though.

That's tricky man. Theoretically it's supposed to increase wrinkles since it inhibits collagen production, which fights wrinkles. But practically we don't know if it will increase wrinkles.

I understand what you mean, but I think minoxidil battles against dht to keep the follicles alive. A battle which minoxidil will lose in time.