SMP into scar

heres the question i have for you all.....

i have a fairly large scar in the back i would like to get covered by SMP, preferrably permanent..

would this pose a problem if another strip procedure was performed down the road??? im wondering if the new scar would ruin the previous work, and to just wait for SMP until its all done ( or opt for FUE )

Trapps,

Normally, the original FUSS scar is extracted with the strip during the second procedure. While a new closure will hopefully heal with an acceptable scar, it is almost a guarantee that the original, SMP-treated scar will be be lost. I'm not certain if I would consider this a complication or problem, but it is worth considering.

Hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

heres the question i have for you all.....

i have a fairly large scar in the back i would like to get covered by SMP, preferrably permanent..

would this pose a problem if another strip procedure was performed down the road??? im wondering if the new scar would ruin the previous work, and to just wait for SMP until its all done ( or opt for FUE )

I would imagine you would need more SMP after getting the new scar. You probably want to opt for FUE.

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

OPT for fue and I would say search HT network here

you will get doctors who will do in 1$ or 1.25$ and 2$ per graft.

yes they are recommended here on network and you can visit their website and call them in person

Onemore thing they openly share their technique and are very open to any questions.

Yes they do fue scalp hair and body/beard hair to scalp in same price

They are in turkey and india