Slickers - 6 Months - Dr Rahal 3,800 grafts FUT

Slickers

Hey all,

I thought I would post a fresh thread for my somewhat overdue update! I hit 6 months yesterday and all I can say is the last 3 months have been a lot of fun after what seemed like an eternity in the doldrums. I've been seeing big improvements each month which is what every HT patient hopes for on the journey I guess and now looking back at my before pics I really can't believe how bad my hair was! It's easy to forget.

In terms of how I feel about things, I think the pictures speak for themselves. I'm absolutely over the moon at where I am at just 6 months. I don't expect much more improvement from here and quite frankly it's exceeded my expectations even now. Anything more is a bonus. :D

I've not chimed in as often as I used to, for several reasons. Taking time out from thinking about hair and enjoying not having to is the main reason. But another is the way the forum was being subjected to endless partisan FUE/ FUT debates that seemed to dominate every thread which just got wearisome. I'll save my thoughts on that for another day but overwhelming this forum has been an amazing educational resource and emotional crutch, and for that I had to come back and update.

I'll post a separate thread on this also but a quick word about Dr Rahal. Quite simply he is the real deal. I've stayed in touch with all three guys I met in the guest house and all are really pleased / over the moon with their results (one of the guys posts on here) which I suppose is the best kind of endorsement there is. He is truly deserving of his world class reputation and I can't thank the guy enough. I felt at the time his work was impeccable, it was just a question of it growing in and boy did it do that. Cheers Dr R!

Ps. Link to other thread and pics below. I will get around to putting them in a website at some point.

Pps. Yes I need a new dressing gown ;)

Before, Post Op to 3 month Pics

IMG_1787.jpg.6a81e4c3027d5a33c09b3c41ededc01c.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg.8f323ec6d5d19a0b038b33c45a7d16a9.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg.9c503534a4ebf665b83aa9478b80915b.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg.7def3c2fc070834b722ee6dad53d9088.jpg

Sickers-

Holy crap buddy, does your hair ever look fantastic!!!! I can't believe it's been 6 months already.....and I can't believe how thick and full your head of hair is now.....especially comparing to your 3 months and pre-op photos! Congratulations my friend....you most definitely deserve it. And I think most people here respect your decision to post less on the forums.....sometimes the unrelenting debates where some opinions are so strongly pushed can get tiresome. I'm glad to see you took the time to update though....and can't wait to see your 12 months!! You are going to definitely see some more improvement from 6-9 months.....so enjoy those changes =)

Cheers!!

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.