just a thought...

jbbreese

I have sometimes crept these forums thinking a hair transplant is the main thing I need in life. I have checked this forum out 3-4 times a day at times. Lately, I've been working out a lot using the p90x routine. I am finding that one of the reasons I want a HT is that I don't like how I look. After a month or so of drinking and eating whatever you want you get soft. I might not have control over my hairline but trying to get a chiseled jawline can certainly help my looks. I have found myself thinking less and less about a HT and becoming happier. I do think I'll get one someday but definitely try losing weight and lifting some weights.

Jon,

Sounds like a good plan. Hair doesn't always have to be the focal point of personal style, and improving upon one's appearance in other areas can boost confidence and enhance sociability. It doesn't work for everyone, but some people learn to get past their insecurities and move forward.

Weight training is a particularly effective coping mechanism for dealing with hair loss because it requires mental discipline and personal commitment. So aside from just looking better, I think there's something honorable about keeping yourself in good shape. Other people will see that in you, too.

Making the most out of what you've been given will always help you to maintain a positive outlook on things. Continue to do research at your own pace.

Best,

Anthony (youngsuccess)

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

I think one of the varied reasons for hating the way you look when you go bald is the gaining of weight, especially where you lose the jawline and it becomes flabby...this normally means your head resembles a football/soccer ball.

Losing weight and getting the taught jawline back improves your looks quite a bit imo, so I totally agree Jon.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

I do think that it is a good idea to get in good health and be happy with your weight and body fat composition before considering cosmetic surgery. If you are able to accomplish the body improvements and still feel that the hair will give you more confidence or higher self esteem than a hair transplant may become a viable option.

They are all independent factors that when summed will influence your self-confidence/self-image.

If you are overweight, you may be unhappy even with a full head of hair, and if you are bald you may be unhappy even with a six-pack (unless you shave your head, in which case you would look diesel!) icon_smile.gif