Can I use Toppik immediately after Hair Transplant ?

Hi Guys,

I had a quick question, after someone has had a Hair Transplant, is there a restriction on not to use a product like toppik if yes till how many days? I was thinking maybe I will have to star using toppik to camouflage my frontal hairline took the grafts grow... I am only doing a hairline job. Does using products like Toppik cause any obstacle in the hair grafts growing ?

Some people claim to have lost more hair after using concealers due to aluminum poisoning. Others, including doctors, say that it has no effect on growth. I was tempted to use concealers but I decided to err on the side of caution.

Augustya,

You should not use toppick immediately after the transplant, you should wait between 7-10 days for the scalp to heal and be free of scabs. It will effect the healing process of the skin in the early stages and should be washed out every night so your skin gets a chance to breath.

Different doctors may have contrasting opinions of course.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Augustya,

You should not use toppick immediately after the transplant, you should wait between 7-10 days for the scalp to heal and be free of scabs. It will effect the healing process of the skin in the early stages and should be washed out every night so your skin gets a chance to breath.

Different doctors may have contrasting opinions of course.

Ok so how about in 3 weeks time after the scabs have fallen ? is it safe using then ? what is the safe time to start using a Product like Toppik after a Hair Transplant ?