Any BHT results on this forum?

I'm interested in seeing results from BHT using chest, beard ,leg or any type of body hair but the scalp. If there are threads on it plz provide the link or If someone has information about how successful BHT is and what are the limitations of it, please share with me!

Thanks

Hi

Here is one that we did as a repair case that utilised beard and chest but am sure there are a good few from several clinics to look at but hope this helps as a start:-

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169814-body-hair-fue-nw6-patient-after-chemo-therapy-bhr-clinic-dr-bisanga.html

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Sheraz,

You should review Dr. Umar's work. He's a renowned BHT expert. Any reason, in particular, that you're considering BHT?

Frankly, most experts seem to view body hair grafts as a "back up" supply of follicular units when the normal scalp donor region is depleted and more work is necessary.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Sheraz,

You should review Dr. Umar's work. He's a renowned BHT expert. Any reason, in particular, that you're considering BHT?

Frankly, most experts seem to view body hair grafts as a "back up" supply of follicular units when the normal scalp donor region is depleted and more work is necessary.

Actually, I'm heading towards a higher NW(6/7) with far less than average density in the permanent zones. My MPB started when I was only 13 n half. Scalp donor may not be a good option in my case. So, I'm searching out about BHT to know if this is the way to meet my goals. I'm currently 21 years old and my hair loss is progressing at a rapid pace. In future, my expectations would be to get a NW 3 hairline with some decent coverage on the top and I won't mind a thin or even slightly empty crown. I'm afraid that my scalp donor may not be enough or feasible even for these expectations.

Because of your young age and quickly progressing hair loss, I think you should try and see a physician as soon as you can. It is always better to prevent progressive thinning opposed to restoring bald scalp. What's more, you may possess better donor characteristics than you think. Also, most physicians will likely want to exhaust what donor you do have before moving on to body grafts.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.