How long to wait for a second procedure after 1200 graft FUE?

I had 1200 grafts done for my hairline December 2012 with Dr Diep and I was hoping to get another FUE procedure to fill the heavy thinning areas behind the hairline but Dr Diep says it's too early after my last surgery. How long do I need to wait?

Well, there's two reasons you should wait at least 1 year. Firstly, it's ample time for the area to heal. Secondly, you should wait to at least see the fully grown, matured results of your first surgery. That being said, I was told 6 months if having surgery done in a new recipient area, 12 months if addressing the same area.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I had 1200 grafts done for my hairline December 2012 with Dr Diep and I was hoping to get another FUE procedure to fill the heavy thinning areas behind the hairline but Dr Diep says it's too early after my last surgery. How long do I need to wait?

asiandude.....I asked Dr. Feller the same question and he stated that he feels it is best to wait 18 months to allow for complete "revascularization" before a follow-up. Dr. Feller said it can be done earlier, but again "ideally" 18 months is best.

However I was asking about a followup FUT procedure, and I am not sure if FUT and FUE vary as far as how soon a followup can be done.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.