Three days since my HT, still have a few questions

Hello - Its been 3 days since my surgery and I will admit it wasn't bad as first expected. the suture scar is really the only tender area but its very minimal.

Now going forward, what are some things I should expect?

I know one thing I heard was "shock loss" in the transplanted area. I was reading something in the office about taking a DHT blocker...is there any good behind that?

Thanks again

you may experience shock loss in both recipient and donor area, there isnt much at all you can do to prevent it, it just luck, but dont worry most of the time it does come back, is your face swollen yet?

Does everyone go through "shock loss" after a HT or do some not get it at all?

Shockloss can occur to hair in the donor and transplant area. It is common to have it around the strip scar area. Healthy hairs will start to regrow around 3-4 months. If they are weak, miniaturized hairs then they will not return, however, you probably would have lost them soon anyway.

Regarding DHT blockers, the most effective are Finasteride (Propecia) and Minoxidyl (Rogaine). These two work well in tandem and can help you maintain whatever native hair you have left.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Shockloss can occur to hair in the donor and transplant area. It is common to have it around the strip scar area. Healthy hairs will start to regrow around 3-4 months. If they are weak, miniaturized hairs then they will not return, however, you probably would have lost them soon anyway.

Regarding DHT blockers, the most effective are Finasteride (Propecia) and Minoxidyl (Rogaine). These two work well in tandem and can help you maintain whatever native hair you have left.

If I should have shock loss, how soon would i see it? Or would i slready have had it after the procedure

Thanks

In most cases it all depends on the skill of the doctor.

any hairs on their way out already though may be lost as the posters above mentioned.

Could happen anywhere from 4 weeks to 2 months after.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Shock loss can happen even with the best of surgeons. It is unpredictable and occurs because the area has been traumatized by surgery. Perhaps you're thinking of transection?

Usually you will see shock loss either immediately or up to a few weeks post op. mine always became evident after having the staples removed, but those shocked hairs always grew back.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I would not directly touch the grafted area for at least 10 days.

Some doctors do recommend spraying with a saline solution to keep the area moist.

If you are close enough I would visit the clinic for their detailed and careful cleaning.

If not, be sure to follow their post-op instructions to the very letter.

In your long journey to thicker hair, you are currently in the most critical stage.

Hang in there and make it successfully past day 10 when the grafts should be permanently anchored.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)