Hakan Doganay 20th Sept

Buzz2

Hi all,

I had my hair transplant with Hakan Dogany on the 20th September which was a thoroughly great experience.

I planned to have 1500 grafts in total, 500 from beard hair due to my donor appearing thin in the photos. When starting the procedure they saw that my donor area was better than expected so they managed to extract 2134 grafts. So I still have the beard hair in reserve for later, if needed!

The graft breakdown was :

1s* 1199

2s* 735

3s* 200

Position of grafts :

Hairline / frontal 1400

Crown 600

Scar 134

I am really pleased with the work they have done as it looks very clean and refined. All the staff there were really friendly, helpful and professional.

The doctor removed all the wrong angled hairs from my UK surgery 15 years ago and replanted them in the right direction, as well as adding grafts to futher conceal my fut scar.* So hopefully I can forget all about that now!!!

Seeing the techs loading the pen with hairs was like a production line!!!

I must also mention that I was taken out to lunch by the DRs partner before the procecure. After the procedure, which took approximately 6 hours, I was taken out again for an evening meal with a previous and future patient. I can honestly say I was throughly looked after the whole trip.

Included in the price was 2 nights( nearly 3) in a hotel, 1 bottle of Biotin, lotions, shampoo and 4 months worth of propecia and 134 grafts free of charge!!!

I would recommend anyone looking for a HT to consider Hakan Doganay based on the experience I had. I'll await the results before I go over board but Im confident the result will be a good one.

I am waiting for the pictures from the clinic, so will post these when I can.

If I get anywhere near the results they have posted on here, I will be very happy!!

I still have 10 days left before I go back to work, so time is ticking for the hair to shed and redness to fade!

Edited by Buzz2
spelling mistakes

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

Hi

Waiting on some photos, will post my own pics asap

Moderators - I posted in the wrong area, can you move to the surgeon reviews please.

Sorry!!

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

Total 5134 grafts.

Buzz2,

Great to hear your experience was a good one, I too am seriously considering Dr. Dogonay. Did you travel far to see Dr. Dogonay? I am from the U.S and am just wondering how the post op care would be on a long flight. Did you have a strip procedure before, and if you did he transplant any hair into the donor scar? Hope to see your pics. You will have a great result

You only live once...

Hi Arrie

I travelled from the UK, 4 hours on a plane. A lot of people travel a long distance for HTs, so I dont thin it will be a problem. You can stay there for a few days for hair washes, check up etc

I had a sttip procedure before in the uk which left a bad scar. I had this revised by Dr Saifi in Poland a couple of yars ago. He made a very good job of it, but I still wanted some more grafts to try and conceal it fully at a shorter length

Will post pics asap

Total 5134 grafts.

I'm a huge fan of Doganay. I'm sure your results will be great. To echo previous requests, I would also love to see pre-op vs. post-op photos to see his work.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Nick153452

As soon as I receive , I will post.

Aramis 69

I believe it was just by fue, in the same way they would extract donor hair.

Total 5134 grafts.

Buzz2,

Thanks for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us. I'm looking forward to viewing your pics.

Dr. Doganay's results are consistently impressive and I'm sure yours will be no exception.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Simon

Sorry for the delay in responding , I missed this some how.

Yes it was a good experience, but im having some issues with my donor area which is very slow in healing, but I think its slowly happening now. I believe Ive also had some shock loss, so just need to give it time.

Glad everything went well fo you

Total 5134 grafts.

I've found that my donor and recipient areas are quite slow to recover also. I'll update my thread on this forum tomorrow with 1 month photos, but the recipient area especially is still very red. I've read that some FUE patients have to wait as much as three months for the redness to finally fade. Hopefully that won't be my case!

Are you guys using anything to try and combat redness?

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

I've been using Aloe Vera gel but have seen no real result. I've seen other clinics recommend limited use of hydro-cortisone 1% cream for after-care which I'm going to try as well for a week and see what happens.

Hi

I have no redness in the recipient area, my problem is the donor area. Do you have any recommendations for this. I have used aloa vera and voltarol under instruction from the doctor but it hasnt helped much.

I have to go back to work tomorrow, a week later than planned and it quite clear that ive had something done or something is not right!! Its still very thin and patchy, which I hope will recover,,

Total 5134 grafts.

BHR clinic provided me with the hydro-cortisone cream which I used twice a day from day 3-21. It helped with the itching alright, hard to say if it helped with redness as I was using Aloe Vera Gel 99% as well. I also sprayed a lot of saline spray over the first week, almost hourly, on top of washing the donor area with bethadine shampoo.

Hi

I have no redness in the recipient area, my problem is the donor area. Do you have any recommendations for this. I have used aloa vera and voltarol under instruction from the doctor but it hasnt helped much.

I have to go back to work tomorrow, a week later than planned and it quite clear that ive had something done or something is not right!! Its still very thin and patchy, which I hope will recover,,

I see that this is your 4th procedure. Were the other 3 all FUE, or a combination of FUT and FUE?

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

Ok thanks.

Was the Hydro cortison cream for the recipient or donor

The first 2 hts were strip, the next 2 fue. The firet strip was by a poor uk company which I really regret as it left me with a bad scar. I had it revised but I stikl cant wear my hair as short as id like to

Total 5134 grafts.

Hydro was for the donor.

Current Regimen: